HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

BEEF UP YOU REAR END

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IDAREU2
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:07 pm    Post subject: BEEF UP YOU REAR END Reply with quote

Hi guys/girls

I spoke to my chassis guy today about doing diffs to suit geminis EG ( commodore - hilux - 9 inch - etc etc)to bolt straight in to original mounting points.

If there is a demand for it he will go ahead with making a jig. thus way one person wont be slugged the full toat odds on him making one jig for one job, the cost will be shared between you all to keep the cost down.

The way the jig will be set up is you can do any diff you want like i mentioned above.. All you have to do is supply your gemini diff so he can utilize the brackets. It would be better if you supplied the donor diff aswell cause you could possibly get it cheaper with your bargining powers and being able to shop around for better prices.

If your keen leave you details here and if we get enough call. I will supply him with a gemini diff and he can get underway with the costing and I will let you all know from there..

The cost I give you will be a break down cost and you can choose which way you want to go about it.

He will not waste his time till the numbers show cause jigs aint cheap to make..

cheers

EMAIL
bowtieracingau@yahoo.com.au
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: BEEF UP YOU REAR END Reply with quote

Hey if you need details of my bolt in unit let me know...

cheers
Eggy
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: BEEF UP YOU REAR END Reply with quote

Im keen. But would the saving be more than the cost to ship to canberra?
I want a hilux diff done, not sure of the rest, i'll have to find someone else who has done it and find out if their setup is the best way.
IDAREU2
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: BEEF UP YOU REAR END Reply with quote

Well this is not looking promising at this rate i wouldnt even be bothering wasting mine or my chassis guys time

Cheers EGGY probably wont need them mate if things go ahead hell just set it up his own way..

Mate i couldnt tell you the savings until we get enough interest in the idea..

cheers
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: BEEF UP YOU REAR END Reply with quote

im keen, but postage will be to much

there was a gem with hylux diff at jambo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: BEEF UP YOU REAR END Reply with quote

I havnt even worked out a price yet so ATM postage dont come into it guys..

At the end of the day if post is too pricy a diff can be souced here in adelaide and post only has to be one way.

these are the things we have to look at, but like I said if there is no one interested then im not going to waste mine or their time on the matter.
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 2:18 pm    Post subject: Gene Reply with quote

Do you know anything about it?
There was a guy on PF ages ago with a gem he was doing it to. I tried to contact him but nothing.
It looks like I should be able to get a hilux diff done for about $2200 with the ratio of my choice, done as a 4 link, with hilux axles and gemini pattern. I may aswell do the rear brakes though if I get it done.
What do you know?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Gene Reply with quote

the red twin turbo 2.6 TG had a hylux.

SLE racing at browns planes (brisbane) did a hylux one about 6 months ago
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject: IDAREUTOOOOOOOOOO!!! Reply with quote

mate,

where is my mail regarding this matter??
Thirsty
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: BEEF UP YOU REAR END Reply with quote

Eggy,
If you could give me details I would be grateful. It is to go in a rally gem so I need to use the torque tube, trailing link setup.
Cheers,
Thirsty
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: BEEF UP YOU REAR END Reply with quote

send me an email and I will get back to you

cheers
IDAREU2
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:37 am    Post subject: Re: IDAREUTOOOOOOOOOO!!! Reply with quote

As it states above mate i cant give you a price until I see what sort of interest there is.

Other wise youll be paying through the arse for him to make up a jig so Im trying to get a few people interested as to share the cost of the making..

How much have you been quoted all up so far and what diff is being used..

I cost aint a problem I will drop my spare diff of to him so he can take mesuments..

cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: