HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

chunks of metal in sump

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimbob03
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: chunks of metal in sump Reply with quote

as above where whould a coke lid full of metal come from i got a g161 on a engine stand and took the sunp off in the sump by the sump plug and some on the block was all these chunks of metal the bores are not scratched any ideas and the top of the pistons has got a long number and under that is .04 or .004 is this 40thou over bore am i correct
Winterheart
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: chunks of metal in sump Reply with quote

I would suspect the metal has likely come from the bearings, or the timing chain oil jet. Cheers Smile
jimbob03
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: chunks of metal in sump Reply with quote

there not smoth chunks like rough bits of castings off the block or smthing what about the overbore question
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: chunks of metal in sump Reply with quote

check the timing chain aint to loose. if its lose and rubbing on the timing cover, it will take small chuncks of and drop into the sump
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: chunks of metal in sump Reply with quote

yeah see if your bearings are fine i have small smoth flakes in mine, the bearings were going and small chunks of timing case were the temnsioner let go fuking pain in the ass.
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: chunks of metal in sump Reply with quote

haha funnys =) drag racing guys dont wanan see fuck all in there oil after a run, they drop it out after every lap and put it throught a sive =) fuck having chunks hahaha
jimbob03
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: chunks of metal in sump Reply with quote

timing case mite b the go but i got a few peacers of this stuf and it looks like the links of the timing chain but broken into little bits and the rest is rusty flaks of metal isnt the timing case made of an alloy and would this not rust am i correct
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: