HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

FittingTG Bumpers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MackZ
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:15 pm    Post subject: FittingTG Bumpers Reply with quote

Hey all, haven't logged in for a while.

I am about to buy a gun metal grey TE gem within the next fortnight. Only problem is the front and rear bumpers are starting to come off. Seeing the bumpers and grill are a pretty shit colour anyways i am considering buyin TF/G front and rear bumpers and a new TE Grill and painting them all gloss black. This should look better me thinks. How hard is it to put these bumpers on...and why is it that i always see bumpers saggin on TE/f/g gemis?

If you guys can help me out i would appreciate it.
THanks Mark

BTW - this arvo i am takin this TE for a test drive, i'll let you in on the spex - Worked 1800, extractors and exhaust, 5 speed manual, decent gun metal grey paint job. Old school 5 spoke mags. $3000 with rego...any comments? cheers!
MackZ
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: FittingTG Bumpers Reply with quote

come one everyone....can anyone help me at all?
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: FittingTG Bumpers Reply with quote

threre is alot of modifying to get tg bars on a te i think, i havn't actually dont it, i suggest either paint them or get new te bars n grill, much easier then fucking around trying to get the gt bars to fit, i dont know much about the te's but i think that the mounts on the quarter panels are in different spots, and the reason that u always see the plastic bars sagin speical on the quarters is cos they are too lazy to do the bolt up tight so it works its way loose and falls out, and then it just hangs there, my tg has plastic bars that have been on the car for ofer 12months, and they are still fine, i even hit a 89 pulsar up the ass doin less then walking pace, it bent my bar up into my grill all i did was kick the top down and it solved the problem
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: FittingTG Bumpers Reply with quote

i know this car you are going to look at if its in brisbane
its a very nice gem and quite quick.
def worth $3000
MackZ
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:49 pm    Post subject: My first gemmy (hopefully) Reply with quote

The Gun metal grey TE in marsden?
yeah, im gonna take it for an RAcQ inspection on saturday, if all goes well i should be the proud owner. the engine seems pretty tough, just a few cosmetic things that need a touch up...so you know about this gem? what can you tell me?
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: My first gemmy (hopefully) Reply with quote

a know the owner of it now and the previous owner.

the 1.8litre worked engine was only recently put in this year.
tidy paint and good interior.
not much else i know it has a big cam and sounds lumpy as.
MackZ
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: My first gemmy (hopefully) Reply with quote

true...very nice. engine only put in this year? thats a bonus.
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: My first gemmy (hopefully) Reply with quote

thats abit strange, i live in waterford west, just near marsden high, and i havn't seen it and i notice every gemini that goes past me at anytime.... sounds like its good, get some pics if u get it and have a digi camera or a scanner if not let me know n i'll come take photos!
MackZ
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:27 pm    Post subject: Crazyand disturbed Reply with quote

Matty mate how are ya? this is zag you prick, whats up? Whats this i hear about you having a tx coupe? if i get it i'll come round indefinately
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Crazyand disturbed Reply with quote

zag man whats doin? havn't seen u in ages, there is a cruise on the 9th of next month man, check the meet/cruises/events forum for more details, i should be there, would be good if u had it by then n u could come, yea i picked up a tx coupe, its inbits atm the pics are are at
http://groups.msn.com/AirheadAirbrushing
if u get the gem come round n see me if ur not doin nuttin, n make sure its clean n i'll take some photos n put em on the net for ya, i get tuesday n wednesday off so they are the best days to track me down,

matty
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Crazyand disturbed Reply with quote

hey man what happend to the excell panel van?
MackZ
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Crazyand disturbed Reply with quote

i wrote it off mate - my bad lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: