HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

parkers/indicators

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetgem13b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:34 pm    Post subject: parkers/indicators Reply with quote

can ne1 tell me if u can do anything with the parker/indicator lens.

is there any aftermarket parts available??

what else can you do???
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: parkers/indicators Reply with quote

on the front like with ur headlights or on the guards? the ones on the guards can be changed to anythin or removed completely with abit of welding, the ones at the front i have only seen tinted apart from the opel cadet, but they have a different front, quite a nice front on some models but good luck tryin to get their parts here in aust
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: parkers/indicators Reply with quote

If you have a TF, you can get the parkers from a TE (which are in the same spot as blinkers on a TF) and use the clear casing and change the globes to orange globes. Of course that wont work if you have a TE as they are PARKERS on a TE, but blinkers on a TF. Hope that makes sense :S
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: parkers/indicators Reply with quote

i thought the screw holes were in different spots, the tg ones come from the front and the te ones come from the side? thats what i remember mind u the te i had a chance to have a look at closely was being stripped for parts and we only had a few hours to completely strip it,
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: parkers/indicators Reply with quote

nah, you got me wrong, i said TF (i think i did). The TF blinkers and on the grille also and use the same housing as the TE but they are orange. The TG has blinkers that screw into the head light assembly, not the actual grille. I have a TE Grille on my base model TG (TF headlights) and i can use the clear housing on either the TF grille or the TE.
NeWaZ
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: parkers/indicators Reply with quote

I've got TE clear side parker covers on my TG head light indicators... just needed a bit of modification of the cover to fit...

NeWaZ
Blue TG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: parkers/indicators Reply with quote

i have a tg, with tg bumpers and a te grill, a bit of soldering some new plugs on allowed me to make the te parkers clear indicators, i also hae h4 semi sealed headlights with the parkers in them, so i painted the indicators in he bumper black so they are no longer used, then i used the clear parkers in the bumper with orange bulbs in them anp put the indicator wires to them

the result is all the front indicators are clear, the parkers are in the headlight and you have the possibility to use chrystal blue bulbs in ur headlights
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: