HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

damn chrome

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stock gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:35 pm    Post subject: damn chrome Reply with quote

I recently bought a stock as it gets TG SL 4spd Gem.
I want to know the best way to remove those damn chrome strips that run along the side of the car. Without leaving marks or remove paint.
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: damn chrome Reply with quote

YA MUMS CLACKER - RUB IT UP AND DOWN ON IT & IF SHE STINKS - IT WILL DROP OFF. OR YOU COULD ASK TO BORROW HER HAIR-DRYER AND USE THAT Smile
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: damn chrome Reply with quote

u wont get them off without removing the paint, unless u find 4 doors that dont have em, or inthe case of a sedan, coupe, wagon or panel van, 2 doors, the oher way is to send it to the panel shop, get em all grinded off, and the holes where the bolts go through welded up and boged, then get em to paint over the repairs, other wise u have chrome strips or gay little hinges for the chrome strips, and doors with the chrome strips do exist, i have a set on my zz/z which didn't come out with the gay chrome strips

matty
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: damn chrome Reply with quote

do you mean the black sripsup the side of the car? or the chrome strips around the windows?
stock gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: damn chrome Reply with quote

The strips on the side of the car.
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: damn chrome Reply with quote

my mate has a te he slowly peeled his off but theres always a risk they will just peel the paint with them you could try heating them up cause its a glue that holds them on but you will always be left with marks after as the paint under neath has been protected for like 20 yrs
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: damn chrome Reply with quote

from memory those strips that run down the guard, along the doors and onto the boot are black, but if thats what ur talkin aobut just peel them off, take your time otherwise u will strip the paint, but there is always a chance u might ne way, they are just stuck on with double sided tape, so they are pretty easy once u pry up on end you can just pull em off
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: damn chrome Reply with quote

i left mine on
on a tg/tf they arent to bad on the te's they are shit they are up high and go the whole way along
BADGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: damn chrome Reply with quote

Leave the fucken crome.
I had crome and i got rid of it .
cut each pin off and filled it up.
its not worth it the crome looks good keep it on there trust me.,
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: damn chrome Reply with quote

if u wanna see what a gemi looks like without the chrome on the doors, if thats what ur talkin bout let me know n i'll email u some pics of my gemi, cos there is no chrome on my gem doors
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: damn chrome Reply with quote

well it took me an hour to do each strip (each door) so thats how slow i was pulling them off although my whole car got resprayed sometime in it's life 84 TG
Greg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: damn chrome Reply with quote

From memory mine took bloody ages to pull off - and they still left lots of the black glue shit on the car. Lots of cleaning with metho and a few cut and polishes and its hard to see that they were ever there...
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: damn chrome Reply with quote

the ones on the doors are easy to get off, just get a small screw driver and leaver it under them find where the pin is, then slide ir screw driver up to it and i should pop off, no dints, scratches n shit like that then u just have to spend a few minuts poping off the clups over the pins, that easy to do just use the scer driver again or ir u dont want scratches use ur fingures, chances are most of the clips will be broken ne way
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: damn chrome Reply with quote

na mine were glued like yours man, yeah took fuckin ages to clean it up but it was good coz the colour underneath was the same
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: