HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Lock +central locking issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BDCVNU
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 2:14 pm    Post subject: Lock +central locking issue Reply with quote

yeah ive got a vdo alarm,immobaliser,central locking kit 4 da gem but i dont know if i should buy solex's or just a new set of the orignal locks as ive herd that solexs may not be compadable with locking kits ????????? ne advice ppl
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Lock +central locking issue Reply with quote

I heard that if you dead lock the solex locks (when locking your car you can either lock it, or dead lock it, which means it can't be opened from the inside), and use central locking it can burn out the central locking mechanism.
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Lock +central locking issue Reply with quote

do solex locks have dead locks? How do u do that coz i cant do it on mine?
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Lock +central locking issue Reply with quote

well you got the first turn of the lock that locks the door, you can hear the door 'lock' into place. then you should be able to turn it once more the same way to the second mark on the lock. You wont hear anything, but it dead locks it. You can then only open the door using a key, which is good because no one can just smash the window and open the door.
BDCVNU
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Lock +central locking issue Reply with quote

instead they just pop your locks out from the outside!
happened to y mates gem
BDCVNU
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Lock +central locking issue Reply with quote

instead they just pop your locks out from the outside!
happened to my mates gem
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Lock +central locking issue Reply with quote

Did he install them himself?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Lock +central locking issue Reply with quote

i had and will have solex with keyless entry
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Lock +central locking issue Reply with quote

You can get solex without deadlocks tho. I dont think the ones with normal keys (not the round weird key) have dead locks. And gene, how are you having solex locks, aren't you welding over your door locks?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Lock +central locking issue Reply with quote

one solex right down the bottom of the drivers door, incase the battery goes flat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: