HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Josh: Heater

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:19 pm    Post subject: Josh: Heater Reply with quote

Lol, ok ok ok, your gonna say "I told you so". The hole in the intake manifold WAS blocked, the matching hole in the head wasn't... the manifold wasn't blocked with dirt, and rust and shit. It was JB welded... lol It was a reco engine put in at the start of this year, they must have gotten a manifold off something that had a different water port or something and not realised it was welded.

Oh well, i drilled a 10mm hole, just gotta get a new gasket and put it all together again.

Thanks for your help mate, even tho i might be an ignorant bastard i appreciate it.
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Josh: Heater Reply with quote

hahaha no problem dood. I think it should fix your problem good a proper even tho i recon your heater core will leak now that it has a decent water flow *josh hides* arr well thats my next project, looking for a decent heater core out of a later modal car that will fit a gemini heater box.

Josh WA
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Josh: Heater Reply with quote

Lol it better not or i will fkn cry. It shouldn't though, because i took the core out and flushed it with water and it didn't leak. But hey, you never know. Bah, i dont care, as soon as i get a RWC i can just block the heater if it leaks coz im changing the engine anyways. (turbo here we come)
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Josh: Heater Reply with quote

haha okies dood it's just that the last 3 that I have had I'v put the garden hose on them and they have absolutly had water pissing out from all over the place =) fucking dodgy geminis bitz Razz
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Josh: Heater Reply with quote

Hey, at least they're easy to pull out. The heater core in my VH required most of the dash to come out!!
ByteMe22
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Josh: Heater Reply with quote

sounds like the tx heaters.... man there a pain...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: