HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

V6 conversion
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
binnsy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 2:05 am    Post subject: V6 conversion Reply with quote

I know most of the guys in here are big fans of the piazzas or rodeos etc, but i myself am really interested in this v6 conversion. I might sound stupid but how the hell can some engine twice the size of the oringal just bolt in. Anyway, if anyone knows where i can find like a guide to this or something, gimme a yell, cos i wanna read up on this conversion. Its sounds really cool, and i think my 1600 is on it's last legs.

cheers, binnsy
gazely
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: V6 conversion Reply with quote

check out this website...
get a complete conversion kit...
all you need is the gearbox, motor and computer etc...

http://www.v6conversions.com.au
my gemeration
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: V6 conversion Reply with quote

g'day binnsy, this is a keen interest of mine as well, e-mail me for a d&m wwwljtwigg@wimmera.com.au.
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: V6 conversion Reply with quote

or...

http://www.hotgemini.com/cgi-bin/forum2.cgi?action=s_f
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: V6 conversion Reply with quote

Well done MR_GEMI - I like your approach.

If dropping a V6 in was as easy as a bolt in swap, ummm don't you think everyone would do it the minute they came accross a V6 motor and box at the right price??

Forget about it unless you've got about $10k to do it - and a lot of time, patience and contacts.

P.S Engineers are queers with a tendency to fuck people around A LOT!
my gemeration
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: V6 conversion Reply with quote

explain why the fuck it would take 10k to perform this surprisingly simple swap, have you ever done it personally, if you did and it cost you 10k then you were severly duped son.
V6GEMBOY
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: V6 conversion Reply with quote

it costs $1300 bucks for conversion kit with change over sump the are some slight mods to the brake booster but other than that its simple from what ive read i wanna do the same conversion but am not sure if its legal in south aus any one know what the maximum engine capacity is in south australia please let me know
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: V6 conversion Reply with quote

Don't call me SON - find out for yourself you fucking hotshot expert!
IDAREU2
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: V6 conversion Reply with quote

V6GEMBOY
it costs $1300 bucks for conversion kit with change over sump the are some slight mods to the brake booster but other than that its simple from what ive read i wanna do the same conversion but am not sure if its legal in south aus any one know what the maximum engine capacity is in south australia please let me know.

IDAREU2
so why are you shooting your little mouth off if you havent done it.. Mate i can sit here and tell you a V8 is a simple conversion job just so youll buy a kit off me..

ENGINE SIZES
Any size you want mate you just need a good engineer.

cheers
hotwagon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: V6 conversion Reply with quote

hey guys i just brought a tx wagon and would like to do a v6 conversion on it..how much do u think i should set aside for the engine conversion itself..i know ill need to do the brakes..abd how much extra do u think it will cost to either super charge it or turbo charge it
thanks for the help guys
cam
hotwagon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: V6 conversion Reply with quote

hey guys i just brought a tx wagon and would like to do a v6 conversion on it..how much do u think i should set aside for the engine conversion itself..i know ill need to do the brakes..abd how much extra do u think it will cost to either super charge it or turbo charge it
thanks for the help guys
cam
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: V6 conversion Reply with quote

wouldnt it be easyer to bolt it into the boot and make it rear mount

i though you could do this for about $1000
including the engine
my gemeration
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: V6 conversion Reply with quote

g'day cam, i wouldn't bother with a turbo or s/charger as the grunt that you will get from the v6 alone will blow your socks off. look around for a reasonable v6 150k on the clock is nothing to stress about as long as it has been looked after, this option is much cheaper than a newish v6. a conversion kit from castlemaine rod shop will set you back $980. i upgraded to vr stubs and discs, if you choose to do this as well you will have to run 15s minimum with a nice low profile tyre. upgrade your suspension as well to carry the extra wieght of the v6. you can bolt the engine to the existing gem tranny or go for the vr auto which is almost indestuctable( few mods necessary to do this thou) good luck allow at least 5k for basic conversion
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: V6 conversion HMM WELL Reply with quote

one of the guys just finisshed the conversin, cost him $15000
so yes it does cost that much
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: V6 conversion Reply with quote

yeah i agree, that would be the easyest way
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: