HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

temp (ppl with stock gemini engines)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gazely
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 2:19 am    Post subject: temp (ppl with stock gemini engines) Reply with quote

gday, i was just wondering what tempreture your engine sits on ? (stock engine)
mine sits on 3/4
is that normal or do i need to get it checked out??
thanks
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: temp (ppl with stock gemini engines) Reply with quote

mine sits about 4 mm abover the warm line abover the c after a long hard thrash sits about 7mm abover that line

no where near half but sometimes in summer sittin gon the high way for an hour it used to go up to half way which is still fine but if yours is way up near 3/4 (ok if it stays liek that ) though you shoudl look at your radiator maybe give it a good flush
Sparrow
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: temp (ppl with stock gemini engines) Reply with quote

my temp guage used to sit on 3/4 temp - then after a highway trip in 4th - used to sit at the top !!

got the radiator chopped, cleaned, and put back togeather - $77 - the temp guage then sat right on the bottom line and then up to a quarter scale if u really flogged it.

now with EFI (and smaller thermistat), the guage sits right in the middle (86 degrees) - which is normal operating temp.

this is on a stock 1600.
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: temp (ppl with stock gemini engines) Reply with quote

Mine used to sit about 2mm above the cold line.
I changed the thermostat little while back and it sits halfway between the cold bar and the black break in the white line. I've never seen it hit the black break in the line though
baycie bayce
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: temp (ppl with stock gemini engines) Reply with quote

gobby never goes over a quarter of the way and jaffa gets to about 3/4
Winterheart
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: temp (ppl with stock gemini engines) Reply with quote

I've got a modified motor and radiator, and mine never even makes it to 1/4, it's normal operating range on the gauge is just above the second white line at the very bottom of the gauge. Cheers Smile
gazely
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: temp (ppl with stock gemini engines) Reply with quote

hey, cheers for the replies.
got it looked at today and it had it fluxed etc, i think its all good now
sat on half on the way home.
also got the airconditioner thing taken out to allow more flow (i took the aircon out, and now lately its been hot haha oh well)
Winterheart
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: temp (ppl with stock gemini engines) Reply with quote

hey gazely, are you interested in selling the air con at all? I'm seriously considering whacking air con in my gem (I'm turning into an old fart and wanting all my mod cons! Very Happy ) If yes, what sort of price would you be looking for? Cheers Smile
gazely
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: temp (ppl with stock gemini engines) Reply with quote

not sure if id be interested in selling it as im pritty keen to put it back on haha
ive got the air con thing somewhere in the shed
and gave the air con thing infront of the radiator to the radiator place as i had no use for it.
sorry king
Winterheart
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: temp (ppl with stock gemini engines) Reply with quote

Cool, no worries mate. If you do decide to sell it, I'm very keen for it. Cheers Smile
gazely
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: temp (ppl with stock gemini engines) Reply with quote

ill keep that in mind...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: