HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

piazza lsd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEMINOS
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:27 pm    Post subject: piazza lsd Reply with quote

does anyone kno if the piazza NON-TORQUE tube lsd center is the same as the LSDcenter in the piazza WITH the torque tube setup ..? in other words can this LSD center also be used in a diesal diff conversion. can u get the diesal shock mounts modded to suit a wagon.
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: piazza lsd Reply with quote

you must be kidding to ask this question again....

QUOTE:
posted by Gene FJ20DET on Mon Oct 6 15:51:48 2003, ip logged
[piazza LSD center will fit in a gemini desil housing.
the rear disks wont bolt up to a gemini diff

QUOTE:
posted by Poida on Wed Oct 8 01:05:21 2003, ip logged
The TE thru TG diesel cars use fully imported diffs of the same type used in the Piazza.

QUOTE:
posted by Poida on Wed Oct 8 01:47:36 2003, ip logged

If what you are saying is that you gave a Piazza LSD diff, the centre mechanicals are the same (except yours is an LSD centre while Geminis used single wheel diffs) as those used in Gemini diesel diffs.

So what you need to do is to strip the gears and diferential cluster out of the gemini diesel housing and replace it with the equivelant components from the Piazza. Torque tubes on the diesel diffs and centre mount are different to those on the petrol diffs too.

As I mentioned it another post, I'd be inclined to give the job to a trusted, experienced diff rebuilder to assemble it into the new housing. Incorrect assembling will result in a failed diff in very short time.

By the time you hear it howl the damage is already done.

Piazza LSD center tourque tube or non tourque tube are the same but Crown wheel and pinion are different so you need the Diesel to get the tourque tube setup.
ANSWER:
YES as above how many times do you have to be told IT WILL FIT the centre is the SAME.

Piazza LSD center tourque tube or non tourque tube are the same but Crown wheel and pinion are different so you need the Diesel to get the tourque tube setup. you will need to get LSD oil thou.

Diesel shock mounts can be modded to suit a wagon or even a PV diff.

Now I hope we do not have to see this fkn quesiton again.
elky
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: piazza lsd Reply with quote

we seem to have a conflict here: i had a aust spec piazza rear end (non torque tube) and the differences where quite apparent, a bloke from the gem place in SA said the crownwheel would not physically fit into a diesel housing and another bloke rang me saying the exact same thing. the jap spec piazza diff (early models) had a torque tube set-up which was the same as the zz/r and zz/t and therefore would b the best as there is less mods needed to make it fit. I have seen non-torque tube diffs fitted and it takes a lot more effort. i chose to go a bigger diff instead that has more available ratio's.
cheers
GEMINOS
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: piazza lsd Reply with quote

cheers man .. i needed to kno if they were different centers? and you have cleared this up 4 me. are all torque tube piazza disc brake rears fitted with
lsd?
GEMINOS
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: piazza lsd Reply with quote

eat shit ! do you kno what i was even asking ? ..kno one would tell me if the mechanicals were different inside the diffs WITHOUT the torque tube setup... elky cleared me up. if my question was responded to correctly then i wouldnt hav to keep asking... do you kno how hard it is 2 get a decent answer
elky
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: piazza lsd Reply with quote

nope only the ones fitted to manuals
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: