HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

17's through regency

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SAM 180
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:49 pm    Post subject: 17's through regency Reply with quote

does anyone in adelaide know if you can get 17's regency approved on a gem, i know the only problem when you put em on is the speedo goes out of wack but you can get it re-calibrated... thanks Sam
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: 17's through regency Reply with quote

just put 13"s on when it goes threw and when it's passed then put the 17" on? easy peasy japoneesy
gazely
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: 17's through regency Reply with quote

haha thats what im gonna do!
SAM 180
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: 17's through regency Reply with quote

nah but i mean so that way i cant get defected for them, cos i could have modification papers for em...
gemi8u
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 1:26 am    Post subject: Re: 17's through regency Reply with quote

dude, im not expert but i wouldnt think its possible. Give em a quick buzz and see if its poss, and if so worth the extra loot that could be spent elsewhere.

cheers
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: 17's through regency Reply with quote

well the leagal laws only allow you to got two sizes bigger
dont know if you can put them on
but yeah ring them and ask if you can and what you would need to change etc
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 17's through regency Reply with quote

for 17's the car has to weigh more than 1000kgs and be able to go from lock to lock without hitting the guards.

im getting my 18's engineered, not sure what has to be done for the 18's but i know its possible too.
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 17's through regency Reply with quote

I think the engineering is using a hammer, and belting the inside of the guards out to fit Wink lol, thats what we did to my mates g/f's gem, it got written off, the wheel couldnt move, so we used a chain and a tree, wheel moves fine now Wink
IDAREU2
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 17's through regency Reply with quote

SAM161 yes you can get them through mate you need to get a engineers certificate and is not expensive

engineer.......$120.........
RAA calibration test....... $55.......
speedo recalibrated.......$120.....
Regency bookin.........$59.50.....

cheers hope this helps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: