HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

piazza brakes and diff conversion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEMINOS
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 1:17 am    Post subject: piazza brakes and diff conversion Reply with quote

Heyguy`s, fittin Piazza turbo kit onto my G200 single-cam GEMwagon ..does anyone kno anything about fittin piazza front rotors and calipers also the LSDdiff with its discs 1;Will Piazzabrakebooster bolt up to firewall,can i use my stock booster? 2;what bearings have been found to fit my gemini hubs and the piazza rotors? 3;does the diff bolt in or do i use the centre only? 4;if i cant use the piazza diff housing-will the rear disc brakes bolt up to a gemini housing ok?? ...... any info on these subjects would be greatly appreciated as over here in Perth no one knows shit about Piazza stuff fittin into Gems , and im gonna need all the help i can get to stop this isuzu powered beast GEMINOS 4 EVA
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: piazza brakes and diff conversion Reply with quote

1. if TF - TG it all should be the same I am told.
2. front use gemini bearings with piazza hubs & rotors and use gemini stub axles.
3. if the diff has a tourque tube it will bolt into a van body. it is recomemded to get the housing shortened.
GEMINOS
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: piazza brakes and diff conversion Reply with quote

is there much work involved 2 keep Gemini hubs as piazza ones didnt come with the front brakes i sourced.the LSD i have has no torque tube ,is it stronger\better with or without? should i get it shortened to fit?or the guts fitted into a diesal diff ?which do you honestly think is the better option?-remembering it is a P\VAN... i thought the non torque tube diff would be stronger ,am i right in thinkin this way?will the reardisc brakes bolt on the diesal diff no probs ... is my gemini booster ok to use is the piazza one different\better?..will it fit the same firewall holes . all info helps .. in perth not many have done this..i doubt there is another P/van over here that will have piazza turbo kit /Piazza 4wheeldisc brakes + LSD... need to get it on the road 1st .. i kno you`ve had something really similar = eggy ..bring on the info :p I really NEED it!!
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: piazza brakes and diff conversion Reply with quote

The front piazza rotors will bolt onto the gemini front hubs as they are the same as piazza. then contune as before.

2. no tourque tube!!! = good luck.. use SEARCH and see what you get. parts MAY fit a diesel diff but what about axles and brake mounting points... diesels diff's also have different ratio's 3.55:1 and bigger drum brakes.
No tourque tube means you cannot use the crown and pinion as it will be different unless you want to modify everthing and fit top supporting mounts to your floor and diff to act as the touque tube then you will have to get it engineered....
OTD 079
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: piazza brakes and diff conversion Reply with quote

When I installed my piazza front brakes, I used the whole piazza assembly.

Just undo the top and bottom ball joint and flexible brake line from the body and install complete piazza assembly. Simple as...

Just make sure you have the piazza tie rod ends as they are different to the gemini ones.

Cheers,
Matthew
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: piazza brakes and diff conversion Reply with quote

[piazza LSD center will fit in a gemini desil housing.

the rear disks wont bolt up to a gemini diff
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: piazza brakes and diff conversion Reply with quote

the piazza i got my non torque tube lsd diff from was madein 12\85 (jr120) has anyone got one of these fitted to there van? im prepared to do what`s neccesary to modify it to fitt . or should i put the guts in a diesal diff and just go the torque tube setup ,.. how do you get the rear piazza discs to bolt on the diesal diff.?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: