HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

bumper help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trojan
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 7:04 pm    Post subject: bumper help Reply with quote

hey everyone i have just rubbed back my bumpers again and i realised that they are the hard plastic ones not the soft shitti ones anyway i rubbed them back AGAIN and got some clear plastic bumper primer and sprayed a small section of the bumper and the primer went white and crack like all shit AGAIN so i got some general body primer and sprayed a bit of that on and it seemed to be the best thing ive tryed yet so i was just wondering if i can use the normal primer and does this mean if i have the hard plastic bumpers they are off a z/zz thanks soz for the long post
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: bumper help Reply with quote

best way is to use both, use ur plastic primer, then put the same primer u used on ur car on it, then rub it back, n paint
trojan
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: bumper help Reply with quote

but the plastic primer cracks like all shit when i put it on
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: bumper help Reply with quote

did u clean the bumper first? prewash/thinners. did u thin the plastic primer out propperly? ur doing somethin wrong cos it only cracks for a reason, chances are there is some wax unerneath it
trojan
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: bumper help Reply with quote

yeh i cleaned it with prep wash and its been rubbed with 180 and 360 wet and dry will it work with just the norm primer though?
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: bumper help Reply with quote

yea it will it will just come off easier, if they were the softer ones, id say no, here's an idea, prewash em and leace em over night n spray em the next day, this way what ever pepwash is on will be dry cos prepwash my cause it to crack if there is residue left on the bar
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: bumper help Reply with quote

i think the bumper primer is a flexable primer to use under 2pack paint because 2pak is more of a plastic paint than acrilic. what type of paint you useing?
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: bumper help Reply with quote

After you prepwash them, use a clean, dry rag to wipe them down. If you leave prepwash to evaporate, it will leave a residue that the primer/top coat won't like.
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: bumper help Reply with quote

i was sayin prepwash it, then leave it to dry like, u prepwash it, dry it then leave it over night, might solve the problem if not either ur paint and the bar dont agree or u have some major problems
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: