HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Conversion Kits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stock as Jocks
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:56 pm    Post subject: Conversion Kits Reply with quote

Im undecided which engine to drop into my gem I have around 8k to spend any ideas?
Also can anyone tell me for a fact which engine conversion kits are available for geminis?
Thanks.
gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Conversion Kits Reply with quote

For That much money you can have my race engine which is being rebuilt at the moment.It is a 2lt twin cam, custom fordged pistons, custom cams, quad 45mm throttle bodies Autronic computer and 5 speed gear box.It has 200hp
I will install it too
gem.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Conversion Kits Reply with quote

or u can by a fj stock with 201hp. lol

$8k will get u a fj20 in and runing with a few little goodies (FMIC, custom exhaust manifold etc..)
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Conversion Kits Reply with quote

<< having a blonde moment.... FMIC ??
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Conversion Kits Reply with quote

front mount inter cooler
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Conversion Kits Reply with quote

Or you could buy my suprcharged g200 sohc which will bolt straight in, has rebuilt 5 speed and h/d extreme clutch. Owes me over $6500, you can have it for 4 grand. Bolt in, no mess, no fuss. Everything is well detailed too and engine has only done 5000 kays.

cheers
mooch
elky
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Conversion Kits Reply with quote

$8k would get u a bitchin rotor installed with MORE than 200 horsepower! but i am a bit biased Smile other than that sr20's are pretty good, but u gotta pay attention to the details to make a conversion work. I personally like the idea of a lexus v8 in a gem but try gettin that passed!
cheers
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Conversion Kits Reply with quote

im saying for $1500 buy a stock 201hp fj20 then with a few mods have it up to 300hp Very Happy easy
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Conversion Kits Reply with quote

hey gene... ok to get an email from you on what needs to be done and where concerning doing that mod to a stock FJ20DET (engine mounts, gearbox, tail shaft mods ect)
the g200 idea was good but efi is the way to go without payin 5 g's to get it done to a g200 lots of other reasons why ive swayed too

would be hugely appreciated:
ginja__ninja@hotmail.com (double underscore)

cheers
IDAREU2
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Conversion Kits Reply with quote

Youll be waiting I still am LOL "taps his foot on the ground with his arms crossed) wheres that email GENE on the FJ20 sump mods
Highlander
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Conversion Kits Reply with quote

how long ya been waiting ?
im sure hes done it before a cut and paste is good enough for me i dont think hes seen the post, better put a new thread up directing him ive got the doosh but ive got a 1600 recon to thrash in the mean time
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Conversion Kits highlander IDEARU2 Reply with quote

email me on nismogemini@hotmail.com

leroy, i will try mesure up my sump tonight. the engine aint at my place

moutns, i cant really mesure as there just modified fj one, i can get u some basic dimmensins of it.
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: Conversion Kits highlander IDEARU2 Reply with quote

lol nice typos ... you wernt in hurry were ya ?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Conversion Kits highlander IDEARU2 Reply with quote

lol, shocking
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: