HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

some has been sniffin glue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gemvanman CA18 VAN
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:40 am    Post subject: some has been sniffin glue Reply with quote

http://hotgemini.com/cgi-bin/gallery2.cgi?action=sc&vid=461&car=0
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: some has been sniffin glue Reply with quote

Dude, I dont see anything wrong with it. It says its a work in progress. T(X/C/D) with T(E/F) front end.
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:25 am    Post subject: Re: some has been sniffin glue Reply with quote

I saw this before, i'm not sure if its the same thing, but i looked at it, (in the stock section) and thought "hmmm gemi's came stock with bonnet scoops?"
HOP_A_LONG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: some has been sniffin glue Reply with quote

At least they know what STOCK means, unlike wannabe "HOT" cars in the mods section with just a stereo and rims! Its a bit of a letdown when you want to read about a decent runnin car when its just a shitbox eh?
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: some has been sniffin glue Reply with quote

errr
stock = factory spec
modified = add ons altered
there has never been any law on how modified it has to be to get into the mod gallery
HOP_A_LONG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: some has been sniffin glue Reply with quote

You sound a bit insulted dont ya? Are you one of those ones that doesnt know theres an engine under that big sheet of metal at the front or what a custom chop is?
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: some has been sniffin glue Reply with quote

mate i admit my car is stock engine wise but thats not the theory behind the gallery

i got an exhuast rims put stiffer shocks in
taken all teh air pollution shit off
yeah the engine is stock but the car is modified
HOP_A_LONG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: some has been sniffin glue Reply with quote

Why'd you take the emission controls off? And Why did you get a big exhaust? They sound shit on stockers.
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: some has been sniffin glue Reply with quote

emisions use a bit of the pully power
restrict the rev range
and it was starting to pump oil through there
so i removed that
and my exhaust sounds quite good
also the exhaust not doesnt change much when you modify the engine unless you do really big mods
if i put a carbie and cam on would sound the same maybe a little more grunt

so i got extractors and exhuast gave me a bit more flow
HOP_A_LONG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: some has been sniffin glue Reply with quote

True but the cops will eat you for brekky, Wheres the pcv going then?
I doubt that
Yes it does if done correctly and too big stops the engine breathing properly, you need vacuum to draw the fumes out of the engine (especially a stocker)
NO it would definately not!!!! The sound changes slightly with the change in barrel numbers, sizes and with different cam profiles.
Hit the books dude, you'll get a better a better understanding of the laws and physics of engines.
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: some has been sniffin glue Reply with quote

if you need the vacume
where is it on the tx tc td etc they never had the air pump all it does is recycle the fume to get burt twice

well a mate of mine has a cam and 32.27 weber worked head and his exhuase barly change when he got this done
i gotta say i would rather beleive proof and bulshit physics
NeWaZ
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: some has been sniffin glue Reply with quote

i'd be thinkin worry bout your own car mate and let ppl and their cars be

NeWaZ
HOP_A_LONG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: some has been sniffin glue Reply with quote

Hey im just offering some advice that an absolute Fuckload of testing and research has shown, but some people dont seem to believe it, they seem to believe some shit a mate told em or a stereo shop told them about how to build performance.
Im currently doing a lot of Fabricating and testing/trying new ideas that WAS going to be posting on this site over the next few months when i had results but i spose you dont want to know then? Thank you for saving me the effort of retyping many pages of new and completely different info.
HOP-A-LONG
HOP_A_LONG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: some has been sniffin glue Reply with quote

A) no, the PCV is the positive crankcase ventilation system, which does not affect the engine enough for you to notice performance gains. What happens is some gas from the cylinder is able to seep past the piston rings and enters the crankcase, this gas is very toxic and is drawn from the engine into the air cleaner or throttle body via vacuum at a rate determined by the PCV valve. Therefore not affecting the engines performance as it is a controlled amount.

B) So my question is, Where are these gasses going now? I hope not into the precious atmosphere. And if you wanted performance then why dont you use a proper method?

C) The amount of exhaust would have definately changed a certain amount but you have to remember that the airflow into and out of an engine is pulsating and you will never be able to tell without the proper measuring tools. The sound of the engine would have a different sound depending on the profile of the cam, and a carby with 32/36mm barrels are very similar to the geminis nikki (therefore not affecting the exhausts note very much like, for instance, a 4 barrel carb or twin 2 barrel carbs) and the headwork would have made a difference depending on its characteristics. These items together would have made the engine sound "lazy" in the way that it wouldnt have to work as hard to operate at the same speeds.

D) There is no such thing as "bullshit physics" they are all proven FACTS and only an uneducated person would say a thing like that.
Welcome to the real world.

These are the VERY LAST threads of help because it seems that they are not wanted. But hopefully now you have read this and understood that I was trying to help you and give you an understanding of engine operation.
Enjoy
HOP-A-LONG
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: some has been sniffin glue Reply with quote

mines venting plenty to the atmosphere

also you didnt answer the question well where is all that pump shit on the early models ?

my method is much cheeper you just take the shit off
look it was starting to suck oil into the pump system so it was actually much better off the car

well i understand the theorys dude
but what im saying is my mate put a tx head with over sized valves and a stage 2 cam and you woudl think it woudl of give the exhuast not a change but it hasnt
he has extractors and sports muff b4 and after but not change at all

physics is all good but in some case you dont really need to give a shit about them
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: