HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Damsel in distress

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BonnetJizz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:58 am    Post subject: Damsel in distress Reply with quote

I was wondering if n e 1 knew how 2 detach door handles.. searches came up negative..
i have the 2 metal bolts off on the front doors but im unsure of how to go about pulling it out (that metal bar is attached).. i no its simple but i really need em off 2 paint
and i was wondering if anyone mite have a spare tf front drivers door without anything on it (just shell, no glass needed) for sale close to aspley brisbane as i have no form of transport..

by the way im actually a guy but this was the only way to get people to look hahaha
but yea thanks n e way
BonnetJizz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Damsel in distress Reply with quote

well that didnt seem to work!!!
wheres your love for newbie posts
just cause i cant afford a repair manual
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Damsel in distress Reply with quote

you shouldnt play tricks on people

sorry but ive never taken my handles off so i cant help but i would assume they would have some sort of springs sort of like a watch strap to push out
thoguh i wouldnt have a clue
also i dont think the manual has anyhtign about handles
maybe the proper work shop manual might
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Damsel in distress Reply with quote

go to a wreckers and fuck around with handles, if ya break it who really gives a shit...

whenever i wanted to know how something worked id go to the wrekers and pull buts apart and leave them or pot good parts in my pocket...
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Damsel in distress Reply with quote

thats it
that and a hand full of fusess
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Damsel in distress Reply with quote

and gemini interior light covers!!
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Damsel in distress Reply with quote

also break any thing that you cant use or the guy at the place is a wanka and says oh mate thats $60 and clearly its just a center console so break that bitch in half that way the fag cant get the $50 proffit off it
BonnetJizz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: U guys suck Reply with quote

out of all of that useless bloody waste of typing u still didnt tell me wat to do......
wat good is getting more from a wrecker if i cant get the 1s i got off now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jesus bloody sheep
Thirsty
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Damsel in distress Reply with quote

If you look really close on the inside there are two bolts that hold the handle on to the door maybe 10mm nuts hard to reach. You will need to remove the piece of rod that goes to the door opening mechanism. It is on a right angle bend and sort of goes over the bend and clips on to itself.
Difficult but not impossible to get at then the handle falls off onto the carport floor. Look closely and realise it is not a piece of piss, but can be done.
Cheers Thirsty
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: U guys suck Reply with quote

sorry, i got a bit carried away with the memories
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: Damsel in distress Reply with quote

yea i got the nuts off simple as
just havent got around to the rods
il give it a go next time the sluts aint got me workin

by the way its actually concrete floor.. just th ought id tell u
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: U guys suck Reply with quote

err you go to the wreakers and experiment with theres on how to take them off that way if you fuck shit it its not yours
LOK15
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:36 pm    Post subject: how its done Reply with quote

your talking about the external handle i take it...
first there is a round hole up the top of the door near the handle(inside)put you nuts back on the handle finger tight, then get a large screwdriver into the hole and rest it against the handle side of the rod
Lever it towards the front of the car to pop it off from the door handle.this has proved to be the easiest way to do it without raking knuckles
The same principle applies to the rear doors.. just find a lever point!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: