HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

heaps of parts 4sale got pics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimbob03
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 1:00 pm    Post subject: heaps of parts 4sale got pics Reply with quote

go to http://www.angelfire.com/oz/geminicar/index.htm for pictures and further information. ring my mob dont mesg me i cant reply

cheers
MadWagon
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: heaps of parts 4sale got pics Reply with quote

Whats involved in converting a g161 carb to efi? how much you sellin it for, where you live?
S N 3 A K Y
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:26 am    Post subject: Re: Radiator....... Reply with quote

I asked you a few days ago how much you wanted for a radiator in good nick, you never replied.
I ended up getting one but it must be fuggered as my engine starts to over-heat once it gets up to operating temps. I'm going to pull the thermostat out and see what happens as i remember a bastard cockroach crawled into my inlet manifold heater hose pipe when i installed a new head gasket the other day. I'm wondering whether i didn't flush enough and he's blocking the thermostat all mangled up. hehehe go the "Cocky-Racing" engine.
Aaaaaannyywhoo, give me a price and desription on whether you've actually used it for an extended period of time to know for certain that it does hold water, and does it's required job properly.

S N 3 A K Y
S N 3 A K Y
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: Ignore That Post ^^^^^^^^^^ Reply with quote

Sorry mate, i just found the post you made in reply to my question, i haven't been on here for a few days so i'm sifting through a page at a time reading all the various posts in each forum.
I was only prepared to pay no more than $50 for one that is in decent reliable/trustworthy condition. The fuggered one i got for $25 was suposed to be in good condition, the guy i bought it off said that he drove the car it came in around for a few days without any problems. So either he's full of B.S or the cocky i mentioned is wreaking havoc in my cooling system. I highly doubt it though as he should just break apart and virtually disolve after being heated up so many times.
After close inspection through the top of the radiator, i can actually see tonnes and tonnes of solid crud in the cores of the radiator, so i'm pretty sure that it's where my problem lies (blocked cores).
There is a possibility that i am getting a custom 3 core from a mate that came out of his LJ Torry. He said he has a mate at Red Devil Radiators that can swap the inlets and outlets over, but is unsure as to whether it has the fittings for my tranny lines to hook up to.
You stated that yours doesn't have tranny lines, thats fine but does it have the fittings or provisions for my tranny lines to hook up to it ? I have seen a few manual Gemini's with the lines blocked by plastic caps, so all i have to do is pull the caps off and screw my lines into them.

At least give me a rough indication of where you live, like how many minutes or kays from Browns Plains/Woodridge are you ? And if you ever down on the Coast at all to simplify the transaction ?

S N 3 A K Y
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: