HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

main body number where is it?????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gemvanman CA18 VAN
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 8:46 pm    Post subject: main body number where is it????? Reply with quote

i cant find the main body number on my gem where is it
its starting to worry me cause i have done all this work and i dont want to find that the numbers have been ground off
Blue TG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: main body number where is it????? Reply with quote

The VIN (vehicle identification number) should be on the panel in your engine bay, above your headlights... just left of where the bonnet locks in, they cant really be ground off as you would grind right through the panel, it can be filled tho
SAM 180
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: main body number where is it????? Reply with quote

thers a number on the rail directly in front of radiator there should also be a little plate on that rail but to the left, mine doesnt have either of these so...
gemvanman CA18 VAN
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:43 pm    Post subject: thanks guys Reply with quote

thanks dudes
Poida
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: main body number where is it????? Reply with quote

The other thing that can happen is a replacement front panel as the result of collision damage... I have a car here that has no stamped numbers on the front panel.

The original number from the panel it replaced has been cut out and riveted onto the new blank panel. So far no one has had a problem with it...

It's not likely to expect a lowly valued TE Gemini as being stolen and doctored is it now....? There is no way to prove the car is as the numbers say. The only place the TE body shell is identified is on that radiator support panel.

Until recently these panels were still available but I have been looking to find one to repair another Gemini with front end damage and have not been able to find one.

The only other option is to remove the panel from another wreck but then the problem arises that the identity changes to the wrecked car body.

(The views I present are my own and NOT necessarily of the administrators or other members of this site.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: