HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Oil Light please help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crinum

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:55 am    Post subject: Oil Light please help Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

Just got a problem with my oil light coming on. It started yesterday, everytime I start the car the oil light comes on and when I put the clutch in and accelerate it turns off. I've checked the oil and everythings fine. Is this an electrical problem? Any Ideas

thanks
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Oil Light please help Reply with quote

i had that problem. double check to make sure that your oil is all good then if it is take the bulb outta the back of the dash
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Oil Light please help Reply with quote

i think he wants to fix it, not cover it up. you dodgy bastard. lol
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil Light please help Reply with quote

well that does fix the light issue
Crinum

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil Light please help Reply with quote

Cheers guys

Do you think it would be the oil pressage guage dying on me?
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil Light please help Reply with quote

nah i would actually look into it further
as if it is a realy drop in oil pressure i wouldnt wana be driving the car around like that
MadWagon
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil Light please help Reply with quote

i had a short circut somwhere with my horn a while ago and when i put in the clutch and the accelerator it would toot, i pulled up to some traffic lights tooting, funny now but wasnt wen it was hapenin. i disconnected the horn in the end.
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil Light please help Reply with quote

lol that would be so funny but so annoying and could prove quite dangerous if you toot the wrong person

the worst i ever had was the reverse lights would come on in 2nd gear and some times first
1st was the best sitting at the lights and the person behind starts tooting lol

but thats just a switch in the wrong place
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil Light please help Reply with quote

my horn slip ring wore through and every time I turned the horn would beep. was VERY annoying in undercover carparks!
then it wore through the whole way around and just beeped regardless so I had to take the horn fuse out, which also is the indicator fuse. Made for a very interesting trip home in peak hour traffic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: