HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Anyone know of G180 SOHC in ACT or surrounds?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Winterheart
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:00 pm    Post subject: Anyone know of G180 SOHC in ACT or surrounds? Reply with quote

Hello people, I'm looking into getting a G180 sohc for my TG gemini. I'm not interested in a G200 due to needing engineering in the ACT Sad Does anyone know of one in the ACT or surrounding districts for sale? I'd prefer to purchase a rebuild only motor, as I'll be modifiying it to what I want anyway. Cheers and thanking you all in advance Smile
markop
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone know of G180 SOHC in ACT or surrounds? Reply with quote

how much u willing to pay.i got one with chrome roker cover.extractors.stage 2 cam.ported polished n shaved head
.how much u willing to pay?>>
im in sydney
Winterheart
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone know of G180 SOHC in ACT or surrounds? Reply with quote

I'm looking at paying up to $800, though obviously I'd prefer to pay less, as I'm planning on fully rebuilding the motor to what I want from it. What sort of price are you looking for for that motor? Cheers Smile
TURBO TF
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone know of G180 SOHC in ACT or surrounds? Reply with quote

where did u hear that u have to get a g200 engineered in canberra? i have taken 2 geminis over the pits with them in and passed fine..... and yeh if u want a g200 and have any trouble getting it passed which u shouldnt as i have had 2 go over and know heaps of people who have taken them over dickson, i know someone who will help ya out if u have any trouble but yeah, im currently slling a g200 for $500 if ur interested.... email bighayds_007@hotmail.com
cheers mate

Hayden
Winterheart
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone know of G180 SOHC in ACT or surrounds? Reply with quote

I was told by an old fart of an inspector up at dickson that the gemini with a 2L needs to be engineered. I took his word for it and didn't look any further into it. I'm beginning to think I should call Urban Services Technical Services section again and pester them about this. I'll hold off making a decision about getting a G200 until I've got something in writing from Urban Services stating that its legal and doesn't require engineering. Cheers Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: