HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

rodeo 2.6 ltr engine?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tasgem

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:28 am    Post subject: rodeo 2.6 ltr engine? Reply with quote

hey guys i live in tasmania and here everyone either hates geminis because they're 'bogan' or they love the car like i do. i've got an 84 tg that i'm fixing up. i want the car to go hard, to show these guys down here what a gemini can really do. i want to put a bigger engine in the car- i was first thinking of a 2ltr piazza turbo but those engines are hard to come by. but now i'm thinking of a 2.6ltr rodeo engine. how does that sound to you guys? and what about the standard 1.6 engines? what could you do to them to make them put out? i'm not a mechanic or anything but i love geminis and i've got mates who can make the conversion happen. i just don't know what's good and what's not. so any opinions or engines suggestions will be thoroughly appreciated. thanks, sam.
TEEFI
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: rodeo 2.6 ltr engine? Reply with quote

i just bought a tooleedas te gemini (he wrote a big article of efi) its got a 2lt rodeo engine with mild work but its got efi all da info is in thishttp://www.hotgemini.com/cgi-bin/gallery2.cgi?action=sv&vid=232 link
TEEFI
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: rodeo 2.6 ltr engine? Reply with quote

its got 110 rwhp and i beat a vs v6 manual ute and a vq v8 statesman ps they were not happy and i can get huge second gear burnouts wit out ne brake and thats running 14/195 tyres
macca
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: rodeo 2.6 ltr engine? Reply with quote

Hey Mate,

where abouts in tas are you? if your down south
then talk to mozza at moonah auto salvage he knows a lot
about gemini's. I you do the 2.6 conversion you will need
engineer approval but if you put in a G200 you dont I have
approval from the transport to put a TO3 draw through turbo
setup on my G200 but now I am going EFI turbo route.

also if you know anyone that wants a complete draw thru setup minus the turbo letus know

cheers

Macca
Wagonbloke
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:22 pm    Post subject: g200geminidude Reply with quote

do u know if u put g200dohc in. Then l8r down thetrack u wanna go the 2.6 what changes need 2 be made?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: