HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

f@#ked bumpers help please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trojan
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 1:45 pm    Post subject: f@#ked bumpers help please Reply with quote

hi i am just wondering what i can use and how i can prepare my 82 tf plastic bumpers for a bleck respray because i painted one with septone bumper bar black and it is totally fucked there are cracks all over it where the paint has cracked i thought it might have been because i used metho as a was and grease remover but then 10 min ago i tryed to spray my front bumper and i used septone wax and grease remover and the same paint and the same thing happened so my bumpers look like shit and ive ordered a new rear one because i cannot rub the old ones back because the paint has sort of etched into the plastic of the bumper sorry for the long post any help greatly needed thanks
tim
Highlander
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: f@#ked bumpers help please Reply with quote

i havnt got much to say really other than supercheap = supershit most products there are cheap and nasty if you want good quality results go to a good quality paint shop they'll recommend something i wouldve used plastic primer then a flex paint
Menace
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: f@#ked bumpers help please Reply with quote

I just painted a set of TG bumpers with normal bumper spray, nothing flash was only $15 a can, and they came up like new.
Highlander
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: f@#ked bumpers help please Reply with quote

well my bad then.. dunno if it was me but when i was spraying my car i used septone prepwash and it made the paint rip back in certain spots even on a mist spray
elky
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: f@#ked bumpers help please Reply with quote

the soft grainy bumpers on tf/tg's are not ideal to paint, u gotta prepare a lot, that's why holden used the import hard plastic bumpers on the zzz painted silver. these bars are better because they don't warp and as such the paint doesn't crack. they are smooth as well just harder to find. that said i have painted the soft ones and it works okay, but not as good.
cheers
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: f@#ked bumpers help please Reply with quote

u can buy bumper primer i did mine in that. i think your meant to apply the bumper primer and then put on the normal primer over top and then your paint
jimbob03
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: f@#ked bumpers help please Reply with quote

well boys it is no the prepwash is the paint past its useby or did ya paint coat after coat without waiting 4 it 2 dry or did ya paint on a humid day sounds 2 me ya sprayed 2 many coats 2 soon its a beginers mistake
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: