HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Running like shit. Help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 11:13 am    Post subject: Running like shit. Help. Reply with quote

Ok I drive at 80kph in 4th and I acclerate a bit to go to 100kph and then my car backfires through the carby fucking heaps. It does it through every gear and dies in the arse when I accelerate. Im getting 50km per $10 petty and the idle mixture screw does nothing. I can turn it all the way in and it still runs. I think my carby is fucked. Help? Also, Im running my car on premium.

Cheers,
Pavlos
Smokey
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Running like shit. Help. Reply with quote

check your ignition timing sounds like you're running a few degrees retarded instead of 6 degrees advanced, as factory specs. i'd advance it up to 8 or 10 degrees if you're running on optimax. if that doesn't work i wouldn't have a clue
UaniAndGeMini
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Running like shit. Help. Reply with quote

i had the same problem when i first bought my gem...was hell sluggish....when i would floor it it would back fire once i had high revs tho it would be fine was really annoying....the carbie was screwed i had my mate look at it and yeah same thing the idle screw did nothing he told me the idling chamber or whatever was screwed...he could of rebuilt it but i got a 32/36 weber for him to rebuild...bigger jets etc and runs fucking sweet now ...so most probly the carbie...
hope this helps....
cheers...

cezar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: