HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Loz - Electronic dizzy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:46 pm    Post subject: Loz - Electronic dizzy Reply with quote

Do u have any pics of your dizzy set up? Is it really as easy as taking the internals out of the RB and putting them in the original dizzy? It all sounds too easy to be true...? do I use the RB mechanical advance or the one out of my G180 dizzy? also did you have to do that thing where you use a puller to move the acutater 45degrees or what was the deal with that in the r&d post? Thanks again hey

Josh
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:36 am    Post subject: Re: Loz - Electronic dizzy Reply with quote

No pics sorry. And it is as easy as taking out the internals.

All you need from the electronic dizzy is the base plate and everything on it. I would stick with the gemini advance weights etc. as long as you are running a carby setup. Otherwise it doesnt matter. I left my gemini ones in there, but that didnt matter as I locked them anyway.

What you do is take the gemi internals out bar the mech advance stuff, and then bolt the RB parts down inplace.
Yeah I moved the reluctor around but I have done this twice now and found that you can use a different cap which fixes this. Cant remember which one it was. Could even have been one off an RB, but the is one which works.

We were lucky and got the dizzy off a wreck in the paper for $30. What a deal. Wreckers tend to ask anything from $100 to $200 bucks so if you get one let me know now much they are going for.
Loz
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Loz - Electronic dizzy Reply with quote

Yer there is one in the quokka for only $20 but it's a 20 mins drive so i might go get it... What do you think about the bluebird idea?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: