HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

a few questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tweakin TE
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:14 pm    Post subject: a few questions Reply with quote

hi guys. how hard is it to paint a car? baby poo brown just isn't cricket anymore. i wanna go dark oriental purple with a very faint pink pearl through it, and on the bonnet, airbrush or graphic the buddhist sign for wood onto it. use it as a delivery car for my brothers thai resteraunt. is it better to get the pros to do it? i want close to show car quality.

also, how can i upgrade my headlights. they are dul as a cunt, pardon my french.

and how hard is it to change the sump gasket? also, u know the rubber rings around the bolts that keep your rocker cover in place and keep opil from escaping, well, oils escaping. where can i get these seals from?

sorry bout the farking long post

Andrew
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: a few questions Reply with quote

Paint job, looks like a lot of work, could probably do it urself but mite not come out as good if u dont know what ur doing so pro mite be ur option there. As for headlights, theres a work shop article on that in this site have a browse of that and see how ya go. And as for the seals for u rocker bolts, u can get em from autobarn or repco one of those shops, or u could just get gasket goo and seal it that way make sure u clean it first tho, also u could get a few peices of thick rubber and cut to size. pretty simple really
cheers and good luck
jimbob03
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: a few questions Reply with quote

if ya want 2 paint it yaself
1 strip it
2 rust kill
3 bog
4 sand
5 eatch prime it
6 give it a mist coat
7 use fine sand paper and sand it again
8 prime it in acrilic or 2pk primer
9 wet sand it very fine sand paper
10 top coat it
u need 2 prepwash every step important very very important
takes a long time but top coat takes like 2-40 hours depends if its 2 pk or acrilic (u need 2 buff acrilic)
body work takes the most time go slowly and dont go all over the place work panel by panel hope this helps this has bn shortend down

sorrey 4 the long post
Smokey
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: a few questions Reply with quote

i'm pretty sure to change your sump gasket you're going to have to rip your motor out, there is definitely not enough room to do it in the car with the motor where it is. you may be able to take off the engine mounts and semi lift out the engine with a block and tackle, that might get you enough room. actually the more i think of it you'll need to pull your engine out, correct me if i'm wrong though
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: