HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

efi problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dunger
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 6:19 pm    Post subject: efi problems Reply with quote

hey guys and gals i am wondering what type of distributer to use on my efi on a 2L conversion, the efi is a 2.6L and the engine i have is a g200 and the computer and loom i have is n13, me and mates have sussed out everything except for the 02 sensor positioning (should we weld it to one of the exhaust pipes or where it all connects into 1)? and i have some distributers but they dont fit? except for the standard one but is there something i have to do to get one of these is, i want the hall effect out of the rodeo i have the electronic igniton and i wanna put that in but the shafts are different? can somone please help\
\thanx nate
TG Turbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: efi problems Reply with quote

What type of sensor did the n13 use? I'm pretty sure they have a chopper wheel setup like on the camira - that should be what you need. As for the O2 sensor it should be mounted on the exhaust after the collector, for turbo cars it needs to be about a metre after the turbo.
Sparrow
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: efi problems Reply with quote

for turbo cars it needs to be about a metre after the turbo

why? a lot of factory dump pipes have the sensor mounted in them.
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: efi problems Reply with quote

It needs to be as close to the engine as possible to have max effectiveness (but not too close or it is too hot). Turbo cars tend to have them on the dump within 300mm.
TG Turbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: efi problems Reply with quote

True - my Cordia had its O2 sensor right after the turbo. Placing the sensor 1 metre downstream from the turbo is what most aftermarket computer companies recommend due to possible contamination of the sensor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: