HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

SOMEONE WITH 10" subs - question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:51 am    Post subject: SOMEONE WITH 10" subs - question Reply with quote

what size/diameter is the actual hole for a 10" sub? i know the total outer measurment is 10" but whats the cut diameter (in mm please)
cheers gene
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: SOMEONE WITH 10" subs - question Reply with quote

Heh gene, like to help you but i am at tafe atm and dont have screw driver and measuring tape...do have 10" sub thoough lol
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: SOMEONE WITH 10" subs - question Reply with quote

Would depend on the sub?
NeWaZ
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: SOMEONE WITH 10" subs - question Reply with quote

you could get a rough idea of someone else with a 10" sub but you really should only use the measurements for the sub you are installing because there will be differences of a fair few millimetres in the design of each different subs frame etc.

hope this helps

NeWaZ
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: SOMEONE WITH 10" subs - question Reply with quote

yeah i know. i just neeed an aproxx to make my pods up cos all my trim is getting done next week
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: SOMEONE WITH 10" subs - question Reply with quote

Dont ya have your subs already?
The flat rim mounting size on my rockfords is about 10mm
NeWaZ
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: SOMEONE WITH 10" subs - question Reply with quote

gene,
Mounting Hole Diameter for JL 10W0
232mm

taken from www.jlaudio.com

cheers

NeWaZ
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: SOMEONE WITH 10" subs - question Reply with quote

i have 15's but sold them and am geting 10's when i can decide on what brand
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: SOMEONE WITH 10" subs - question Reply with quote

y don't you get the sub, turn it upside down on a piece of paper/cardboard/or what u r mounting them in. then mark dots where the screw holes are and cut a circle out inbetween the screw holes, if you get what i mean.
as for brands, VDO 10's sounds awesome. so do JL, Kicker and Cadence. all the usual brands really. I also heard some Alpine Type S dual voice coils subs (2 of them) and they were shaking the shop, it was unbelieveable for 2 tens. it was running off a $800 amp or something though.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: SOMEONE WITH 10" subs - question Reply with quote

"i have 15's but sold them and am geting 10's when i can decide on what brand"

i dont have the 10's yet thats why.

i would never touch VDO or JL.

im deciding between
2 MTX 8000's ($400 each)
2 ALPINE S's ($230 each)
2 DD's ($800 each)

not sure on what ones to get... most probably the MTX's
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: SOMEONE WITH 10" subs - question Reply with quote

DLS
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: SOMEONE WITH 10" subs - question Reply with quote

just out of interest why wouldn't you touch JL or VDO?
have u had any experience with cadence or kicker? they sound pretty damn nice too. im thinking about getting some coustic subs, they're on sale at JB at the moment, anyone had any experience?
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: SOMEONE WITH 10" subs - question Reply with quote

why not go tornados genes????

y not go buy yourself a 10inch tornado and then u can use that for your design or what ever the fuck u wanted to know the size for. i twill only cost ya $10-15
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: SOMEONE WITH 10" subs - question Reply with quote

or assk someone and its free Razz

wouldnt touch VDO cos its shit. wouldnt use anything made in aisia (car sound wise)
i heard a brand new JB on display over a MTX half the price, and the jl was piss poor.

acustic is pritty good, 2 of my mates run them , but lack in the visuall effect department ;P
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: