HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

how should this perfom?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
as3113

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 3:41 am    Post subject: how should this perfom? Reply with quote

i dont know what my motor will be capable of as it is not running properly but if all was sweet, how well would this perform?
G180 bored to 2L with 2L forgies. Balanced and blueprinted. Head shaved 40 thou. double row timing chain. ported and polished. double valve springs. very lumpy cam. (grind unknown) Twin 40mm Downdraft webbers. extractors and 2.5 inch exhaust.
what power would it put out. what times could it do. what cars could it beat. ???? any help???????
Winterheart
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: how should this perfom? Reply with quote

Yes, your motor should perform somewhere in between absolutely crap, and really really well. The only way you will get a real answer to how much power it puts out is to take it and get it dynoed. The only way to get a real answer as to what times it could do is to take it down the quarter, and the only way you'll know what cars it can beat is to race a few. Cheers Smile
Highlander
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 4:05 am    Post subject: Re: how should this perfom? Reply with quote

is there much bloody more you can do keeping it NA ??
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 10:52 am    Post subject: Double Valve Springs Reply with quote

heaps heaps more, thats only a mildly worked engine.

Just something on double valve springs... I pulled a big valve head off a TX last night and it had double valve springs (presumably stock) and when I changed the cam and put in high performance valve springs in my TC it already had double valve springs in it (presumably stock).
Did all gems come out stock with double valve springs or something?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: how should this perfom? Reply with quote

um.. yes.. llike a shit load mmore
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Double Valve Springs Reply with quote

every head oov seeen has had double ones... but the after market one i put in mine (rr4) to replace the stock ones were way better.. didnt start valve bouncing till 7500 instead of 6500 ;P hahahah
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Double Valve Springs Reply with quote

I've had mine over 8000 and not seen valve bouncing yet, no fair!
TG Turbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: how should this perfom? Reply with quote

Your engine sounds very similar to my flatmates except he has twin side draft dellortos. His put out 90Hp @ wheels on a dyno dynamics dyno. His car was tuned bloody well though.
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: how should this perfom? Reply with quote

You'd want more than 90 for that setup. Well I would anyway.. maybe 110 or something
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: how should this perfom? Reply with quote

no shit! i made 108 at the wheels with a g200 sohc and single 34ADM lol.

Depends if your motor has been built with the right match of components or just wank factor. Big cam and no head flow. Just because it's ported doesnt mean it flows well.

cheers
mooch
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Gene Reply with quote

where ya get ya valves springs from and how much?
Cheers
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Gene Reply with quote

auto barn $110 (cost $80 ;P hehe)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: