HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ATG23Q
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:26 am    Post subject: .... Reply with quote

Last edited by ATG23Q on Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
PLZ51N
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: Turbo Info Reply with quote

hey man i read u were from the gong got a cruise headin down there this weekend would like to see a few more gems comin aswell if u have msn add me littledevil4130@msn.com
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: Turbo Info Reply with quote

a lot of people do it that way, it's call blow through. it's pretty much the same as the way an efi is set up but just with a carby. in an efi, the turbo blows through the throttle body. you need to have a box made to seal all the air in the carby. blow through/efi setups are the only way you can run a BOV and intercooler. using a BOV with a draw through set up means that you will be venting air/fuel, and if you backfire, BANG! same with an intercooler in a draw through set up, if you backfire, your cooler could explode.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Turbo Info Reply with quote

like this, but with a carbi

http://www.hotgemini.com/cgi-bin/gallery2.cgi?action=sc&vid=276&car=2
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Turbo Info Reply with quote

That's a serious looking setup
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Turbo Info Reply with quote

I want it Sad
paddles
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Turbo Info Reply with quote

I salute you
TGemi1
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Turbo Info Reply with quote

yeh thats not heaps good, got no cooler. My setup is paizza turbo(2bupgraded) piazza manifold, intercooler, bov, blow thru setup, 32/36 webber rejetted, vl turbo feul pump etc etc. Engine is recon g200 head on a recon g161 block, for low comp ratio. Still getting block rebuilt at the moment. Prolly put 1800 pistons in it and get the whole thing balanced. She'll go fair hard.

chris...
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Turbo Info Reply with quote

TGemi1, keep me updated, im thinking of doing something similar to my g160.

I was thinking of getting t03 or t28 turbo with EFI or 34ADM carby. Using hyperteck decomp pistons on a fully rebuild and balanced g160 running stock head with porting. Intercooler and 3" exhaust, still not sure, gotta get a little more cash first.
TGemi1
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Turbo Info Reply with quote

yeh, i dunno what turbo i will upgrade 2 yet, paizza will do 4 12psi, so i'll set it to 12psi for now, yeh, i need sum decent pistons does any1 know where i can get sum, dont want crappy repco shit or anythin, i'm not lookin 4 decomp pistons as my comp is down already, just need 1800 pistons. Whats Forged pistons mean? yeh, shoudlnt have 2 worry bout crossdrilling and strengthening crank, been told they can handle up 2 35psi! once it's all in and tuned i hope to get max boost of around 20psi, with better turbo. I have a 32/36 at the moment but i also will prolly use a 34adm, i have 1 but it's 4 gas. Should be all completed around febuarary march next year. At the moment, i'm the the stage of: aquired recon g200, bout to pull g161 block apart for rebuild next the next couple of weeks, paizza turbs and manifold and turbo will be arriving on wenseday. So i'll get the block done. What i'm gonna do is mount the cooler, bolt on turbo manifold n turbo to standard g161 which is in my car at the moment, take it down to the exhaust shop where they will make all the piping and airbox, pick up a vl turbs pump or any other that will perfom to my satisfaction, malsappi fuel regulator, get the oil lines made up, and i will test it at low boost (6-8psi) on my standard engine b4 i swap the engines over. Should be all good, get it rejetted and dynoed, might need a better clutch. Then once thats all done, i'll upgrade brakes, slotted disks at front and vl at rear, with racing pads. Dunno what i will do about the diff yet, might just wait and see if it breaks

chris...
ATG23Q
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Turbo Info Reply with quote

Last edited by ATG23Q on Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
TGemi1
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: Turbo Info Reply with quote

32/36 webbers a fine, ben wight has one on his setup i'm sure. Whack on a decomp plate the lower comp ratio.

chris...
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Turbo Info Reply with quote

standard compression will be fine for about 10psi with an intercooler running premium. standard comp on a gem in 8.3:1 which is very low. I have seen quite a few turbo set ups running 9.0:1 and doing some reasonable times. 32/36 webers seem to work alright, a lot of people seem to use either them or 34adm's although i think that a 40mm DCOE would be good with the pipe from the cooler coming round the inlet side of the engine and blowing through the carby that way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: