HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

help with what kind of parts to put into my gemi
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kilbs

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 4:34 pm    Post subject: help with what kind of parts to put into my gemi Reply with quote

dont quiet no what kind of things to do to the engine just wondering if some one can help me out eg: what would be the best size exhaustfor better power and so one. help woul be appreciated.
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: help with what kind of parts to put into my ge Reply with quote

if the mods your planning on doing are just small things liek carby cam maybe a little head work stuff like that i wouldnt go for a decent 2" exhast maybe 2 1/4 " if you have all that work done nothing bigger unless you gonna go wild and turbo it but then you would wait till you got the turbo before the exhaust

andrew
Wagonslut
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: help with what kind of parts to put into my ge Reply with quote

and then u can buy my big valve haed with big performance cam to bolt onto ur engine, very cammy, brap brap brap!!
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: help with what kind of parts to put into my ge Reply with quote

if you want a proper brap brap get a real engine, get a rotor Smile
might be a bit expensive but you will see the benefits.
other than that, a 1600 with some head work, extractors and a bigger carby or 2 carbies would go very nicely.
you could upgrade to the g180 and that also would go very hard, better than the g200 believe it or not. (1.8 litre and 2.0 litre respectively.)
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: help with what kind of parts to put into my ge Reply with quote

1.75" zorst with a mini moke webber

u should get some good times with this set up
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: help with what kind of parts to put into my ge Reply with quote

g180 better than g200.. how do ya jusitfy that ?
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: help with what kind of parts to put into my ge Reply with quote

isnt the fastest n/a gemini a g180 and not a g200. why isn't there a g200 out there that is faster? i've heard a lot of people saying that their g180's have shat on a lot of g200's with the same mods, etc.
Smokey
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: help with what kind of parts to put into my gemi Reply with quote

chuck in a 30/70 cam and then a 2 or 2 1/4 inch exhaust with 4-2-1 extractors off the tx gemi, extractors are better if you can afford them, but these extractors make a noticable improvement. then i'd recomend throwing out you 1.6 if thats what you have, and drop in a fresh 1.8 or 2 litre. after that look at shaving the head and doing a bit of port work (u can have a go at porting it yourself fairly to save some money), after all this is done bolt on a nice weber and get it dynoed. will kick a fair bit of arse by this stage, but don't expect neck braking power,
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: help with what kind of parts to put into my ge Reply with quote

The g180's have higher rev's than the g200's and higher rev's equals greater power.
paddles
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: help with what kind of parts to put into my ge Reply with quote

you dickhead, higher revs doesnt always equal higher power, it should be revin in the power band for best power. so if the G180 is better than the G200 its not cos the 180 revs higher.
paddles
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: help with what kind of parts to put into my ge Reply with quote

sounds like you're speakin with experience!
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: help with what kind of parts to put into my ge Reply with quote

Shutup you fucking wanker, your proud of living in darwin. Go fuck your sister.
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: help with what kind of parts to put into my ge Reply with quote

hp means nothing without torque people. Torque rules the streets and the drag strip.

cheers
mooch
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: help with what kind of parts to put into my ge Reply with quote

hp is a function/derivitave of torque Wink
TG Turbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: help with what kind of parts to put into my ge Reply with quote

power = (torque X RPM) / 5200. Hence more RPM can equal more outright power. Outright power does not necessarily mean a faster car on the street though especially if you have to rev to 4500rpm before you start making power. My 2 cents.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: