HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Need help. Carby 2 EFI convesion 4 1600
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimbob03
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:25 pm    Post subject: Need help. Carby 2 EFI convesion 4 1600 Reply with quote

ne1 out the know if u can bolt the rodeo efi manifold onto the 1600 i dont know what rodeo motor this is off but i heard it can be done, has ne1 done this b4 can ne1 advise me what 2 do insted of the pizza manifold that are hard to come by i live in briz and i wish 2 also super charge it i know il need the computer and wirein also can sm1 help
dunger
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help. Carby 2 EFI convesion 4 1600 Reply with quote

hey dude how you goin?, i am actually doin this conversion at the moment and i found out that the 2.6L and 2.3L rodeo manifolds fit on, what you will need if you are hooking up a supercharger you will need a fuel and ignition aftermarket computer prefferably a wolf 3d or if you can find a secondhand one it would be better, but they are petty expensive. if you are getting the standard computer get a computer off a late model camira like an 88 model with the map sensor, so you can retune for boost, this is all i can really help you with at the moment but i hope it helps if you have anything tht can help me i would like you to let me know or add me to your msn my email is i_love_fat_chix@hotmail.com

cya later nathan
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help. Carby 2 EFI convesion 4 1600 Reply with quote

the delco computer is more trouble then there worth, steer clear. spend on a second hand aftermarked ECU
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help. Carby 2 EFI convesion 4 1600 Reply with quote

ok then what computer do ya think is the cheepest and most easist to get hold of that u could remap insted of the fuct camera (that car should have bn a fucken ford) do u know of the cost of the wolf 3d
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help. Carby 2 EFI convesion 4 1600 Reply with quote

wolf 2d or a microteck D5
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help. Carby 2 EFI convesion 4 1600 Reply with quote

do u know where 2 get a copper gasket from or sm1 who makes them i live in briz this may sound like im a dumb ass but what is the standard gemi compresion ratio and im thinkin abount nos but keepin it hidden any ideas how many hp 2 use i dont want pistons mounted in me bonet
TG Turbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help. Carby 2 EFI convesion 4 1600 Reply with quote

Microtech is the cheapest but also the shitiest (my opinion). Wolf 3d ver 4 is around $1500 brand new. Personally I would go for a Haltech E6X - much finer resolution and the ability to run a 4 cyl in full sequential mode.
TG Turbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help. Carby 2 EFI convesion 4 1600 Reply with quote

Rdigecrest engineering in vic. I have one to suit a G200 at home (in brizzy) they can be re-annealed and re-used if you're interested.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help. Carby 2 EFI convesion 4 1600 Reply with quote

how do u "hide" nos?
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help. Carby 2 EFI convesion 4 1600 Reply with quote

1. Nos bottles are big, too big to hide in a little gemi
2. plumbing, try hiding that!!

ps. i dont care if ur best mates, uncles, cat has hidden nos b4
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: hide NOS goooood Reply with quote

well i was going 2 make a sub box with subs that dont go and put the bottle in that and hid the rest of the plumbing under the carpet and go through the fire wall cover all the outher lines an shit in the engine bay with braided hoses so thats how im going to do that i might get cought but i might not depend how good i hide it and if the fine is huge i make sure no1 can find it
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: hide NOS goooood Reply with quote

yeah a big nos line on ya intack.. no one will see that Wink
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: hide NOS goooood Reply with quote

exactly right gene, not all cops are stoopid, sure u might get one or 2 who dont even look, but most cops are aware of any extra "out of place" hoses.
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: hide NOS goooood Reply with quote

just make a cover to go over the intake it hide it plus it will look good 2, extra hoses lines use ur brain people do it all the time and heaps or people hide nos and get away with it
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: hide NOS goooood Reply with quote

http://groups.msn.com/FORUMPIX101/forumpix.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=17
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: