HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Jap Imports

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:47 pm    Post subject: Jap Imports Reply with quote

Found this website. If any of you are interested heres the link.
http://www.japimports.com.au/toy_hot.htm
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Jap Imports Reply with quote

hey aussie the disk with the pics on it is in orange, which sucks cos im in bathurst. my bro is trying to send them down to me, and if so ill pass them on, if not, youll get them later in the week alrighty
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: bullshit and plans and bullshit Reply with quote

theres one (ie an rb) on ebay in sydney, not too bad looking, they want bout 2 grand for it. mines lost the chronic understeer problem inherent with rbs; now mine will start to understeer, and then the arse decides to belt out in the wet, or bounce sideways in the dry. pretty funny stuff, scared the crap out of me the first couple of times though
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: bullshit and plans and bullshit Reply with quote

sounds like fun to me.... lol
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: bullshit and plans and bullshit Reply with quote

yeah just dont slide into median strips- i have the dented sill to prove it!
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: bullshit and plans and bullshit Reply with quote

i saw a rb in the trading post for $200 a while ago. The Kingswood is going to be alot of work. A piece of rust in the back the size of a football. I have taken the old guy strips off the side of it and i took the studs off it with a angle grinder. Rust in the bottom of the doors and in a pillar. Will have to get it towed to our new house i think.

TuFf
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: bullshit and plans and bullshit Reply with quote

there was one with an incompleted turbo conversion a few months back for a grand, bargain. the tx is suprisingly good; just the rust mentioned in the general forum (floor), plus a bit in the boot floor- which doesnt matter because the fuel tank will be going there anyway, no biggie. youll have to show us some pics of the 'wood
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: bullshit and plans and bullshit Reply with quote

not much to show really. Its a 1976 HJ with a red 202. Column Shift Auto. Bench seat. No carpet. Rust. Feels fragile to me. In the RB i could put my foot on the brake and on the gas at the same time and take my foot off the brake and she would spin the wheels. In the Kingswood i did that yesterday and she went BANG. I thought i stuffed it! lol

TuFf
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: bullshit and plans and bullshit Reply with quote

gotta love the 202 (not). im my l/p-plater special vb commo, in order to go 'fast' (i use the term loosely), you couldnt put your foot right down, otherwise it would die; the optimum point was bout three quarters of the way down, crazy stuff. kingy would have more body roll than a sumo wrestler as well. a mates hq 308 goes like a shower of shit though, so you could always step up to one of those.
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: bullshit and plans and bullshit Reply with quote

i need it to go fast! it has to beat the rice boys!
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: bullshit and plans and bullshit Reply with quote

youve got quite a task ahead of you...
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: bullshit and plans and bullshit Reply with quote

yeah. may the force be with me.
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: bullshit and plans and bullshit Reply with quote

and lots of it!
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: bullshit and plans and bullshit Reply with quote

yeah. i am on the look for something else. it runs perfectly but the rust is a bit much. vw beetles will beat me off the line.
whackenauffe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:53 pm    Post subject: Engine Mounts Reply with quote

ISnt that how u break engine mounts?
A mate of mine who chucked in an apprenticeship wiv mercedes said (after i did it in my mums festiva) that by doing burnouts like that, i.e brake and accelerator then u may break ur engine mounts, Is that true, or is he just tryin 2 stop me driving like a dick?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: