HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

JAYCAR or JVC?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:56 pm    Post subject: JAYCAR or JVC? Reply with quote

Hows it going,
Looking for some speakers for my RX7 at the moment. Just wondering what your opinions are out of JVC and Jaycar for some 6x9's and some 4's and maybe an amp.
Cheers,
Mat
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: JAYCAR or JVC? Reply with quote

I just bought my brother a JVC head unit for his car, and I know a few other people with their products and they seem pretty good, no complaints so far.

Jaycar stuff... I personally have some splits, a subwoofer and sub amp of theirs, and for me they work great (as good as systems that cost twice as much). But from a lot of other people I think what you get from them is the luck of the draw. A lot of people have problems with the stuff not working after a while, and a lot of other people never have any problems. I've had my stuff for about a year now, but I know two other people who've had Jaycar (Response) stuff for over 5 years with no problems.

Personally, I'd go Response simply because the quality you get for the price you pay is better than nearly everything else. But if you have the money, go the more expensive stuff (mid to top range of all big manufacturers).
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: JAYCAR or JVC? Reply with quote

Also, does this mean there is something wrong with the stereo stuff you are selling in the for sale forum? Seems dodgy.
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: JAYCAR or JVC? Reply with quote

nah, it works perfectly fine. i took it out of my gemini before i sold it. i'm selling the splits because i don't want to cut holes in my door trims in the mazda. i will use the standard 4" locations in the kick panels. i either want to have all the speakers and amps JVC or Jaycar throughout the car. I already have a JVC headunit, stupid as it may sound...
also, with the new car, i kinda wanted to start over with all new stuff. just for something different if you get what i mean.
Gemi 287
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: JAYCAR or JVC? Reply with quote

ive got JVC 6x9s in the back, JVC 6inches in the front, and a JVC deck. heaps good sound and the subs and amp light up blue, they are sick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: