HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Sandpiper Coupe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trautman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:43 pm    Post subject: Sandpiper Coupe Reply with quote

Can anybody help me with any information whatsoever, eg Paint Codes, Pictures, anything, to help me build a Coupe in Sandpiper specs.
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: Sandpiper Coupe Reply with quote

All Sandpipers were TC Gemini SL sedans or coupes. There was also a Sandpiper II that came in TE Gemini SL sedan only. The following info relates to the original TC Gemini Sandpiper only.

The official Holden option code for the Sandpiper was A9W.
The Sandpiper received some other details to set it apart from the other Geminis. The Sandpiper grille and headlight surrounds were black rather than grey.

Across the lip of the bonnet ran a stainless steel strip (this was later fitted to TD models). Brown pinstriping ran from the front bumper, over the front wheel arch, along the crease-line, over the rear wheel arch and trailed off under the rear bumper. A ‘Sandpiper’ sticker with Sandpiper writing and a bird (presumably a Sandpiper) was applied just fore of the rear wheel, on the rear door of the sedans and on the smooth flanks of the coupe. Sports mirrors, shrouded body-coloured pods on chrome-stalks were also fitted to the Sandpiper. These were stock items from the Holden parts-department having been fitted to both the Monaro GTS and Torana SLR ranges.

Gemini Sandpiper also received cloth inserts on the seats, fake-wood dash paneling and the four-spoke steering wheel. Also included was a radio-cassette player.

All Sandpiper's received the Handling Pack option A9R which included a front swaybar and radial tyres.

Finally, plastic turbine-style wheelcovers were standard. These were also fitted to other various Gemini models both before and after including the TX and TC Gemini Fashion Pack models and the later TD Gemini SL/X, not to mention the US Chevrolet Chevette.

Probably not the info you were after but I hope it helps.

I have a picture of an original Sandpiper, but it is black and white.
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Sandpiper Coupe Reply with quote

I own a sandpiper coupe.
Where in aus are you? you can check mine out if you want.
trautman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Sandpiper Coupe Reply with quote

Mate I would cross Australia to see it.I am in Parramatta -Sydney.It's not for sale is it
trautman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Sandpiper Coupe Reply with quote

THANK'S DAVE.COULD YOU PLEASE SEND THE PHOTO TO trautman@bigpond.com.au
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Sandpiper Coupe Reply with quote

well you'll have to come half way across australia to see it coz I'm in brisbane hehe. Send me an email if you like. I might borrow my friends digital camera and take some shots for ya
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: