HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

gemi specs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Highlander
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:23 pm    Post subject: gemi specs Reply with quote

ok this is gonna save me alot of niggling questions i wannaa keep my 1600 block but im giving you a blank cheque and i wanna keep it NA what would you do to it ? feel free to cut sick with all the mods you can think of
TDFlaredCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: gemi specs Reply with quote

n/a or turbo. if n/a id bore 60tho blance and blue print the crank well the hole motor fly cut pistons for a big cam prob bout 560deg custom grind port & polish head big ports big vavles and prob shave the head a little not much dont want vavles hittin piston. 45mm twin webbers 4 in 1 extractors and 2 1/4 inch exh.that would be pretty sic.
Highlander
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: gemi specs Reply with quote

youd end up breaking things with that much power wouldnt you ?
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: gemi specs Reply with quote

Thats what i was told to do. Would go v.nice.
Highlander
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: gemi specs Reply with quote

i didnt think 4 into 1 extractors made much or a diff on a 4cyl than 4-2-1
but scrap the blank cheque idea how much would one be signing a cheque for to have it all done for him
TDFlaredCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: gemi specs Reply with quote

u wont break any thing really get a good clutch and just drive it smart ur prob looking at bout 4gs for that motor. prob more by the time u pay for the webbers and shit
Highlander
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: gemi specs Reply with quote

somehow i dont think my local machinic is capable of all this
Simon
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: gemi specs Reply with quote

Mate, it doesnt say where u r, but if in sydney, give Micks Motorsport at Milperra i think, or Sams Performance at Padstow a ring. They build gemi engines to wicked specs, pumping out 165hp at the fly using the 1600 block, and not much else from the 1600. Engine is bout $4000 plus carbies, but r very quick, trust me.
If u want more info, i have an article on this engine in hot 4's that i may b able to scan and send to u if u leave an email.
Hope thats a bit fo help
SImon
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: gemi specs Reply with quote

definatly get a good clutch. i brought a 4wd rodeo rmp clutch kit and source out a aflywheel from the wreckers and it never failed me once. The clamping pressure between the 4wd is different then a g200 one
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: gemi specs Reply with quote

So thats why my G200 went so shit?? Cuz i just put a standard g161 clutch kit on it. So yeah i reckon a good clutch is very important in considering power output of your engine. If you got big power need da clutch to hold it otherwise ur just gonna lose it by it slippin like a wet cunt. Eg, i could not get wheel spin from my g200 when reverse drop in 1st and drop the clutch. just smell my clutch burning.
ok enough me talkin
latahz
Highlander
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: gemi specs Reply with quote

im in brisbane but even the article would be heaps of help my emails ginja__ninja@hotmail.com (double underscore) if you or anybody knows someone in brissie who can do me an engine like that let us know ive got the doosh to back it

thanks simon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: