HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

WTD: Carbie

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wasabi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 6:53 pm    Post subject: WTD: Carbie Reply with quote

Hi there,
I'm just after a stock carbie, I have a weber 32/36, and it goes, I just cannot seem to get it to run right..So I have put on a stock carb, and its real crap..It seems to be sucking so much air, the car just has no go in it, it makes it to 3000 rpm in 2nd gear and just makes it to 40 K's... so anyone have a stock carb? Or...any suggestions as to how I can get the weber running right?
Thanks

Wasabi
Twisted_torque
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: WTD: Carbie Reply with quote

I know everyone tells u too mate but run a search and search for jet sizes. Ben Wight knows what he is talking about when it comes to jetting. But a good starting point for jet sizes for each size of motor and state of tuning is in the old forum. I personally think that if u have a mild cam then the Nikki can be modified and jetted to actually outperform the 32/36. If u have a high overlap cam then the 32/36 would be better but for a fast street car u want a lot of constant torque and the Nikki is better suited (with few modifications) to a streetable stage 2 or 3 cam and extractors.
crazygemiowner
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: WTD: Carbie Reply with quote

it could be either the bolts that hold the manifold on are loose, or the carby might need rebuilding or shit like that, i had the same problem, all i had to do was swap the petrol lines around i put the inlet on the outlet and the outlet on the inlet and that made it run fine, i also altered the timing and cannged the jets in the bottom of the webber..... try that and see what happens...

cheers..

goodluck...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: