HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Interior trimming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemmy
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:18 pm    Post subject: Interior trimming Reply with quote

I want to cut some door trims for the wagon and recover them in some kinda fabric I want. Is it masonite I need to use ? Or formply or something else ? Bearing in mind they will need to come off to have speakers fitted as well. Alternatively I can keep them out fo the car until I am ready to put the whole lot in at once. Either way, masonite or formply or something else ?

Cheers

Gemmy Surprised)
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Interior trimming Reply with quote

lol, isnt masonite compressed fiber cement?!?! that would weight HEAPS

use 3mm MDF
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Masonite Reply with quote

It is Gene, but it's also that brown timber shit that's smoooooth one side and textured the other. Used to line walls as well as make pegboard. Could use it for door trims, but MDF is nicer.
My advice would be to use 3mm MDF, and then a few layers of 12 or 16mm to make built in speaker pods. Sand it to mould it in, body filler it to smooth it and then cover it with your cloth.
Gemmy
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Masonite Reply with quote

ok so 3mm MDF it is .. i was reading about MDF just after the post and thought it might have been another option.

Now the shopping list is getting a tad longer but thats OK. I just have no room in my house for this shit atm.

Cheers

Gemmy Surprised)
Heinz Einswitzen
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 10:53 pm    Post subject: Sampsonite? Reply with quote

as the title says.........
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Sampsonite? Reply with quote

Bloke who lives in Sampson.
Gemmy
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Sampsonite? Reply with quote

Or someone born in Sampson ..

Seriously though, never heard of it.

Cheers

Gemmy Surprised)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: