HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Turbo engines
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gemracing
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 9:18 pm    Post subject: Turbo engines Reply with quote

Gemini engines built to suit turbo application.
Includes custom pistons,all machine work and cylinder head to suit.
Engines proven in 10 sec(1600 cc)gem.
$3000.
Turbo kits to suit 13 to 10 second applications,
All enquires,e-mail gemracing@iprimus.com.au
Located in Victoria,
NO TIME WASTERS
SAM 180
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Turbo engines Reply with quote

does that include turbo etc???
gemracing
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Turbo engines Reply with quote

Dosent include turbo in the engine price,but the kits start from $7500 (inc engine/EFI)can run in 11 second bracket(proven)
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Turbo engines Reply with quote

u said

"Engines proven in 10 sec(1600 cc)gem.
$3000. "

now your saying

"but the kits start from $7500 (inc engine/EFI)can run in 11 second bracket(proven)"

why did they go up more then double in less then a day?? inflation?? lol

hows it proven?? 10 and 11 second cars are usually well know inmags and shit.... i havnt seen much about 10-11 second geminis for a while..

not being rude jus tryingto get it the "facts" straight
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Turbo engines Reply with quote

i will by the $3000 10 second engine, not the $7500 11 second engine.... riiigghhtttt......
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Turbo engines Reply with quote

Gene,
firstly,the engines are for $3000(engine only!!)
Secondly the 11 second kit are complete,turbo, manifolds,exhaust,fuel system,intercooler,efi system(do i need to go on??)
Go into the RACE GEMINIS and there is a write up on my old red coupe(11.3,1600 engine)and now my TG which has ran 10.80 (auto,transbrake 6000 stall and still a 1.6 engine)
ive played with turbo gems(and only turbo gems) for 13 yrs
you would be suprised how strong the 1.6 really is!
Thanks,Darren.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Turbo engines Reply with quote

ok cheers.. just clearing it up

Gene
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Turbo engines Reply with quote

You sound like you know what your talking about man, i currently have a truck intercooler and a turbine from a subaru forester gt turbo and a 32mm external wastegate...... If i give you a standard gemini 1600 engine how much am i looking at for the engine to be built to handle the turbo and any other things which are required to make the conversion possible ie. carby, regulater and so on.

Cheers...
P.S. how long is this offer for
sime
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Turbo engines Reply with quote

Is this Darren who owns the red tg sedan LO-PSI? If so did your cuzin get Vic at EAS to build his engine?
gemracing
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Turbo engines Reply with quote

The truck coolers arent that bad,what are the dimensions?
The turbo would be good for a 12 sec pass(high)but not designed for much more than for 20psi as the design of the exhaust wheel isn't designed for much more than that.The wastegate will be perfect.I only build one type of engine,that way if you want more power it will handle it,so the engines are one price $3000.E-mail me at list of what youve got and we'll work from there,
Thanks,
Darren.gemracing@iprimus.com.au
gemracing
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Turbo engines Reply with quote

Name and plates are right,but i don't have a cousin.i do all the work myself.
BlueTC
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:07 pm    Post subject: More on Turbo engines Reply with quote

Sounds interesting,

a few things,

what type of pistons are used?

what type of rings to suit this appliction to keep a safe and suitable ammount of boost,

what type of rods, are they shot-peend or nitrade and the crank, so basically a blueprinted engine garunteed 11 pass,

the plenum, would have to be a custom unit as the EFI runners are not equal length, is the head matchported same with the turbo manifold? a lot of head work may be required to keep all this power from gettin out of hand,

if you have a trans brake, what diff internals are you running at the moment, as she gets out of shape off the mark

regards
gemracing
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: More on Turbo engines Reply with quote

pistons are cast(nissan),rods are STD(balanced)crank(std and ground)rings are chrome(acl)inlet manifold is either piazza or rodeo 2.6(to make power you dont always need a pretty manifold,factory ones work fine)both manifolds are matched to the head.the diff is std on the outside but fitted with 28 spline axles in a welded centre.(alot of mods involved to make it work,havent had a problem in 3yrs) the torque tube is now made out of chrome moly(it cops alot of stress),
thanks,Darren.
sime
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: More on Turbo engines Reply with quote

Darren

How much was it to get the torque tube made up? Have you tried a mini spool instead of a welded center? are the 28 spline axels Volvo or shortened VL? or something totally differant?
gemracing
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: More on Turbo engines Reply with quote

The torque tube cost me $250 from an engineer,Also on the diff it WAS alot cheaper to weld the centre than a spool.
Darren
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: