HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Camber

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue TG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:47 pm    Post subject: Camber Reply with quote

Anyone know how to get good negative camber on a gem??

I had a look in the 'workshop' section of the site but all they say is turn the ball joints around... big deal! if you turn them around and it gives you more camber then they were in the wrong way anyhow!

Seen one good example, it was a drag car, the lower control arm was chopped in half and 2 plates welded to either piece, the plates had holes drilled in them and 4 bolts going thru each, in the middle of the plates was a piece of wood(!) and then the bolts were tightened over it.

Reeeealy dodgy but hey presto! instant adjustable camber! also been done on a datto ive seen too.
gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Camber Reply with quote

There are two options.
1. file out the holes for the top ball joint so they are slotted.
2. Fit a camber kit to the lower control arms.You will need two camber pins per side.This is best done by a suspension place.I have done it once and you need to do some welding to fit the special washers to the crossmember.
p.s I am changing my crossmember soon and need to get another set of adjustable camber pins.I might sell my old crossmember with all the work already done.
gem
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: Camber Reply with quote

"2. Fit a camber kit to the lower control arms.You will need two camber pins per side.This is best done by a suspension place.I have done it once and you need to do some welding to fit the special washers to the crossmember."

i have this on my wagon. its a Kmac kit, came with the wagon, but Reddez said he had it done at a suspension joint suplied and fitted for $500
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Camber Reply with quote

belt the fuck out of you lower ball joints and tie rod endstill their fucked, mine are just fucked normally, hehe, cut all springs so she's slammed, i guess thats how i have negative camber on mine... hehe
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Camber Reply with quote

they want usefull -itive camber Wink
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Camber Reply with quote

oh i see, i thought they just wanted cheap ways, well mine was cheap until you decide to fix it... hehe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: