HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Help Reddez!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue TG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:34 am    Post subject: Help Reddez! Reply with quote

Howz it goin? well just thought i'd let fou know that youve inspired me to do a brake upgrade... not as extreme as yours, but i want to get discs on the back and contemplaiting the commodore discs on the front too,
my queery is your master cylender, there are a few different xf falcon cylenders and also, there is a few different gem cylenders.

what is your gem? i cant remember? because i know the te has a different booster to a tg/tf, the studs that bolt the booster to the master cyl are a different offset and pattern and are not interchangable, also how many outlets does your xf cylender have?? as tf/tg gems had 3 outlets as compared to the te's 2..(i think)

any help would be great, correct me if im wrong on any of these numbers
thanks mate
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Help Reddez! Reply with quote

Although the Te boosters aint interchangeable wit TF/G ones the whole master cylinder is interchangeable u just gotta change the pipes aswell. so if u are changing the whole master cylinder theres no real different gemini ones so it shouldnt matter what model gem you or him has.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Help Reddez! Reply with quote

i can hook u up with audi vented disks and commodore calapers (re kited) all on a stub axel. (brand new disks)
$450+plus cange over (any condition) no pads

http://groups.msn.com/nismogemini/progressphotos.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=69
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Help Reddez! Reply with quote

im refering to the studs that hold the master to the booster.

on a TE they are flat and in line with the centre, on a TF/G they are on a angle, and are a bit wider, so gem master cylenders are very different,

im just wondering now if the te booster AND cylender will go into a tg alright... but what about that bias valve thing that the te have
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Help Reddez! Reply with quote

yes the TE booster AND master cly will go into a TG i done it to mine.
DrIFtA
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey Gene! Reply with quote

Is this from a workshop ? Is that like a package deal kind of thing they do ?
What about a rear disk conversion, whats the damage on that ? And which parts are used ?
I'm just getting all my bills out of the way, and will be looking into the brake upgrade when the finances come good.
If i hit u up over it in a few months time, will the same offer be on the table ?

Cheers,

Live Fast, Die Sideways...
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Hey Gene! Reply with quote

yeah it comes all on a kit, 2 bolts on each side and there fitted to ya care.
yeah he does em to order when ever

i can do the rear VL one for about the same price probaly (brand new solid disks and re seald calapers)
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Help Reddez! Reply with quote

Its actually the XB master, has a front and rear outlet and thats it from memory. Mines a TE so i can't help ya on the differing booster etc, but the others seem to have done that. Master bolted straigh up no filing etc of the hole needed, vacuum line was a tight fit back into the booster but, used a touch of silastic to make sure it sealed up alrite... Those brakes gene can get is a fucken good deal... As for rears depending on how hard you look you could almost find a disk brake diff for $100 like i did, then for $50 or so you could get the spigot and handbrake cable mount. Check the workshop section gene did a good write up for that... Hope that helps otherwise get back to us if you need any other help...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: