HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

idle probs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDFlaredCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:34 pm    Post subject: idle probs Reply with quote

my car is idleing on bout 1500 to 1800 rpm with no idle touching it has a 32/36 webber 30/70 cam and thats bout it is on a 1600. a while ago it done the same prob but not as bad i cleaned the carb and put a kit threw it replaced everything but the power vavle and jets any ideas?
also any1 no where i can get a diagram of a 32/36 like layout.
Blue TG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: idle probs Reply with quote

they have notorious return spring probs, also the venturis(?) or otherwisw known as throats can wear a groove in them where the butterfly sits that will stop it closing all the way.
Your best bet is to try and file/sand out the groove and buy two new butterflys and refit them, also a small bracket with another return spring is a good idea
TDFlaredCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: idle probs Reply with quote

yeah i have 2 return springs on it and ill chech the groove thing im not sure about that thanx.
PROJECT_MADGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: idle probs Reply with quote

check out your cable for wear and like pointed out, your return springs. Otherwise it is most probably a vacuum leak. If you are unable to find the leak rip yer carb off open the choke fully and hold it upside down and into a light to check if your throttly plates are misaligned. Dont forget to empty the fuel bowl 1st!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: