HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

QUAD THROTTLE BODIES-INTRESTS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:35 am    Post subject: QUAD THROTTLE BODIES-INTRESTS Reply with quote

I am making some 45mm throttle bodies soon and I just wanted to see if there was any interest in these, if so I would get them made on a cnc machine which will reduce the cost if i get a batch made up.
The throttle bodies will need to be attached to a manifold. You will need to make this yourself. I can supply the trumpets to suit.48mm throttles could also be made.

Gem.
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: QUAD THROTTLE BODIES-INTRESTS Reply with quote

If I hadnt already gone the turbo way I would get some.
For anyone interested, without these you cant make the max HP out of an N/A gemini engine, without assistance that is.
hot1800
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: QUAD THROTTLE BODIES-INTRESTS Reply with quote

yer i'd be interested but do you know where i could get the manifold made up
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: QUAD THROTTLE BODIES-INTRESTS Reply with quote

I can make the manafold. I am in WA and i'm a alloy fabricator.
isuzu_gem
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: QUAD THROTTLE BODIES-INTRESTS Reply with quote

im makeing a set for my turboed gem i got the throttle body's off a bmw motor bike i think its like a RS1100 or something they come in singles but are 45mm come with an injector boss cast in the body variable tps avd they dont look that bad either each with there own vacume port only thing is you would have to use silicon hose to join it to the manifold cost me 70 each just a thought if anyone else was interested
Winterheart
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: QUAD THROTTLE BODIES-INTRESTS Reply with quote

Any chance of getting an idea of how much it would cost for the throttle body and the manifold?? Cheers Smile
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: QUAD THROTTLE BODIES-INTRESTS Reply with quote

the hardest part of making the manafold will be the thermostat housing... I still gotta think about it
hot1800
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: QUAD THROTTLE BODIES-INTRESTS Reply with quote

could you make the manifold for a DOHC motor
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: QUAD THROTTLE BODIES-INTRESTS Reply with quote

yeah...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: