HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Inline fuel pump

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cuz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: Inline fuel pump Reply with quote

Hey guys,
On my old gem i had the in tank fuel pump and a no name inline pump both connected. I though this was strange and have now put the inline from my old gem into my new one. Problem is, i tested the old in tank pump and it looks like it didn't work. Therefore, just after a reassurance that i can disconnect the power from the (working) in-tank pump in my new gemi and leave the aftermarket job to do all the work.

Way i see it, two pumps would just flood the carby right?
BlueTC
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Inline fuel pump Reply with quote

I had this type of setup in my old PV,

the standard in tank and a Repco ??psi pump, before my 32/36, mine did not flood the carb, it would just send the excess to the return line, unless your is not hooked up? or there is a prob in the float bowl,

hope this helps
Cuz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Inline fuel pump Reply with quote

Cool, my old gem didn't have the retun like connected as it used to have a webber, but it now has a rejetted g200 carby, so having both shouldn't running shouldn't be a problem?

Also, just making sure, which order do fuel line outlets in the boot go? I've got left to evap, middle retun line and right main input line. Correct (This is looking at it from the back of the car)
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Inline fuel pump Reply with quote

The inline pump was probably installed becasue the stock one failed.

If they were both running in series like that, you will get increased fuel pressure, which can cause a rise in fuel level in the carb, causing a slightly richer mixture, but I doubt it would be enough to flood the carb.

Ben
BlueTC
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:59 am    Post subject: Cant help you there? Reply with quote

Um mate,

i have sold the car recently, but if you dont get it right the first time, dont bother,

sorry to sound negative,

but i cant help you,

rough figure i think your estimates are correct Smile

regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: