HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Wat next...?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Beast

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:37 pm    Post subject: Wat next...? Reply with quote

Ok fellas i need some ideas...

i have a 1600 with gene extractors and 2" exhaust i also got a ramflow sports filter, now what should i do to hot it up, should i bore it out or just get and 1800 or a 2ltr? or is there any onther engines that would just bolt in?
any ideas?
cheers guys, N!ck...
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Wat next...? Reply with quote

Put in a bigger cam, port and polish, maybe bore it out 60 thou, webber or twin webbers....

For more info, do a search, you will find heaps of info.

Pavlos.
The Beast

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Wat next...? Reply with quote

cheers pavlos, im just getting different ideas thrown around,
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Wat next...? Reply with quote

the best mod for not much $ would be a cam

ive got a 30/70 cam for sale $60 in brizzy
rod
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Wat next...? Reply with quote

hay yobbo.. that 30/70 off yours. wat kinda power range will i be getting??? like, has it still got good take off power and long range power???

compared..

too my 28/68 cam

just curious Smile
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Wat next...? Reply with quote

If your engine has clocked up a few kays, doing mods to increase performance won't give as good a gain as in a fresh engine. IT will however decrease your engine life. My advice would be to pick up a trading post job or from here. Something like an 1800 or g200 that bolts in - literally no mods. Get it rebuilt as money permits. New oil pump, rings, bearings, rod bolts etc etc, reco the head with a nice port job. Get a nice cam for that, a 34ADM or similar weber and drop that in with your exhaust. Til then i'd say put up with your 1600. Shouldnt cost you more than 2200-2500 bucks if you shop smart. There wont be any rush because you can still drive your car.

100 bucks in the kitty a week for six months. Then it's be strong, reliable and go how you want it to.

cheers
mooch
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: