HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

attn: gem_12c

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TX_Loon
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:55 am    Post subject: attn: gem_12c Reply with quote

I've got the flat floor TX, so I was wondering what sort of g/box crossmember modifications are required.
Any help would be appreciated
gem12c
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 11:58 am    Post subject: g/box crossmember Reply with quote

there are 2 ways you can go about it:
1:make a special crossmember which goes forward from the g/box mount to the existing floor mount
2:have an engineer move the the floor mounts back of an estimate of 70mm.
as a tip the better way of doing it is the engineers moving the mount back.
simply becaurse if you make a adtor plate the load of engine torque will or might ripe the boby mounts out, secondly the speedo cable will be in the way of the body mounts and yes you can drill a hole in the mount but how doggie will that be.
there was a post in the old forum on the 19 of september 2001 posted by benjamin. re:gearbox mount. this particaly post gives you a good step by step on how to move the body mounts back. for some reason i can not find it by search but i do have a copy that i printed some timeago. try to find that post becaurse i really dont want to re-write the hole thing it's about 2 pages long.
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: g/box crossmember Reply with quote

COUGH COUGH cut and paste COUGH COUGH
gem12c
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: g/box crossmember Reply with quote

http://www.hotgemini.com/cgi-bin/forum2.cgi?action=rp&mesg_id=15976
TX_Loon
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:15 am    Post subject: Re: g/box crossmember Reply with quote

Thanks man, thats sweet. Might whack the old TX up on the hoist on the weekend and see what I'm getting myself into
gem12c
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: g/box crossmember Reply with quote

that will be a good idea.
it is a big job it makes you think if it is really wearth it considering that you will only use it from 80k's and up and save maybe $1 or $2 on your next petrol fill up.
on the ather hand if you do go ahead with it let me know how you went. i didnt do the swop simply becaures it was to much hassles for little use. maybe one day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: