HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Holes in the head from that airpump...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:01 pm    Post subject: Holes in the head from that airpump... Reply with quote

i got a brand new small valve head that i am doing to "work" but before i send it off should i try and fill them holes from where the pollution gear went? Am I going to beable to get the TIG torch in the port to fill the hole inside the exhaust port?

Has someone here done up the small valve head instead of the big valve head? I have a big valve head as well but this small valve head is basically a virgin and would be lucky to have done 3000km/s. My mate who had the gemini before me bought it off the shelf new...

Sorry about the long post.
Germini
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Holes in the head from that airpump... Reply with quote

You call that a long post?

and I thought u had an RB.....?
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Holes in the head from that airpump... Reply with quote

rb
yuk
fuck no
you'll see my car on the 24th =) if it makes it from mandurah lol!
20PSI TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:03 am    Post subject: Re: Holes in the head from that airpump... Reply with quote

I have found old spark plugs fit well if you want to be dodgy. Or just drive it around with out anything there with the bonnet off Looks quite cool when giving it shit.
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Holes in the head from that airpump... Reply with quote

Spark plugs arent dodgy. There's 2 easy options. Get 4 old plugs, smash the ceramic off, cut them down so it's just the thread and the bolt head left - use a hacksaw. Then just file them down til there nice and flat. easy.

Or, even easier, go to the wreckers and get four of the little bolt in plugs that bolt into the exhaust side of the block. They are a 14mm and there is one in each block. You should be able to just pocket these.

Cheers
Mooch
TGemi1
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Holes in the head from that airpump... Reply with quote

use bolts will the same tread, thats what the machining shop did with mine to block the pollution gear off.

chris...
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:14 pm    Post subject: hahah dodgy bastards Reply with quote

I dont wanna have 4 ugly bolts hanging out the side of the let alone spark plugs lol!
Germini
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:09 am    Post subject: Re: hahah dodgy bastards Reply with quote

spend $62 on a quokka and a frikken 2nd hand head Smile
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: hahah dodgy bastards Reply with quote

http://www.geocities.com/mygemi/gemi_build_9

does that look too dodgy? they're spark plugs.

cheers
mooch
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: