HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

carbie question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UaniAndGeMini
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:46 pm    Post subject: carbie question Reply with quote

just got a wber carbie put on me gem not sure wat type of weber as of yet but just wondering if anything wrong with it cos got my mechanic to rebuild it cos inside was fuct and got it rejeted aswell yeah idles sweet everything is sweet but cant really tell the difference in power compared to my stock carbie...my engine is not stock either been boered 60 thou ported polished head ,stage 4 crow cam thought the weber would increase a bit of power but cant tell the differnece and also it revs out alot earlier then my stock carb?????can any1 tell me sum info on weber carbs...cheers
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: carbie question Reply with quote

you should have noticed a massive difference in throttle responce!!!!!!!! go get it on the dyno for a tune up... maybe your secondary circut isnt working propley
UaniAndGeMini
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: carbie question Reply with quote

yeah did notice the throttle responce but still not happy wit the power difference so a dyno tune is the go....roughly how much $$ are we talkin about
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: carbie question Reply with quote

dunno my car has never been ready to take on the dyno.. i think it's about $45 an hour so yer *shrug* someone in here will know better than me
PROJECT_MADGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: carby question Reply with quote

Gday mate
Youre gonna have to do a lot of research on this topic (booster venturi science)to get the best results. Weber carbys have removeable venturis (booster usually but some even have removable main venturis)and depending on the size of it will give you a different range of power. If you have a smaller venturi your takeoff will be able to rip the horns off a mad bull but your top end will suffer from it. Having a larger booster venturi will give you wild top end but poor vacuum signal down low giving a shabby takeoff. If you want you can email me at lc_xu1@hotmail.com with your motor specs and what application you want for your car and i can give you the best sizes of venturis, main jets, emulsion tubes and boosters.
sorry for the long post but its too hard in a few words.
catcha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: