HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

got an EPA: need urgently!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEMWPN
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:37 pm    Post subject: got an EPA: need urgently! Reply with quote

need a stock working carby and intake manifold/or addaptor plate, as i have different manifold. and i also need the EVAP system what ever the fuck that is...also if anyone knows a good mechanic that they can recomend to do the job of getting my car back on the road i would appreciate it..im in melb and need this asap..cheers..can be contacted on 0422655018
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: got an EPA: need urgently! Reply with quote

what year and model is ur gem? and what engine have u got in it? Evap the only thing i can think of that is, is the air pump that pumps air into the side of your exaust manifold side on the head. If thats the case it's a bitch to get them in. But if u have a TE with a standard g161 in then u dont need that, all ya need is the lil pipe that goes from ur exaust manifold to the inlet manifold. And ofcourse with both of these u'll need a standard airfilter aswell because all the pollution piping is connected to that. I recomend going to a wreckers and pullin all these parts of one if needed. If carby is stuffed get it reco'd or tuned because the epa guys test how ur carbie is running aswell (rich/lean) My advice to you man, do whateva ya can to it, dont stress to much cuz i had to do all this, and the guys there were cool as and didn't give me to much trouble altho they didn't pass my exaust cuz it was 2 db's too loud but they usually let ya off on lil things like that. The main thing they wanna see is ur Pollution gear in running order. Other then that they wont give ya much hassles. If they dont pass ya u still get another 30days or so to get whateva they say fixed. Not hard
goodluck
steve.
GEMWPN
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: got an EPA: need urgently! Reply with quote

im running a g200 with different intake manifold and also extractors, i know that pipe u are talking about and yes it is a bitch to do cus i pretty much gotta change evrything to get this passed..i am stressing like fuck cus atm i got no car....im thinking of changing the whole motor to a stockie for da epa n den sell it..
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: got an EPA: need urgently! Reply with quote

U sound like your flipping out to me..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: