HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Balls vs Looks
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:29 am    Post subject: Balls vs Looks Reply with quote

If you only had ONE thing you could do. Would you go for performance, or make your Gemi the best looking thing since Gene's mum?

Just curious to what people think because i saw someone say the other day "another one of those gemi's that looks good but goes like shit"
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Balls vs Looks Reply with quote

Its cheaper to go quik than to make urs the best looking thing around. Trust me. Decent paint job inside, outside and jambs you're looking upwards of 6 grand, if you want body mods you're gonna be paying more. If you're going for show budget on about 8g's for a decent job, unless you can do it yourself. You haven't trimmed it or put wheels on it yet either. So you've probably spent 15g's now.

That money would get you 11's +.

It's all labour.

Cheers
Mooch
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Balls vs Looks Reply with quote

Nah like I mean, what do you guys think. Like not what will cost more just as a general question what would you prefer, this has nothing to do with helping me on a decision coz i know i would rather go for balls, but then theres the other thing of there not being any point making it go fast if people wont even look at it. Oh well i just wanted to see what otheres thought about the subject.
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Balls vs Looks Reply with quote

i would prefer balls (not cheep power like mechanicaly sound and reliable) sleeper factor Smile bye bye R34
then i wake up and realise its not gonna happen
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Balls vs Looks Reply with quote

im a bit of both goes hard but looks good
like a decent paint job ROUGHLY $2k WORTH AND $4K ENGINE WORK. i reckon you could go damn hard with and look good
Danny
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Balls vs Looks Reply with quote

depends what your gonna do with it

theres no point havin a realy quick car when you only drive on the street remember the speed limit around town now is 50

as i dont plan on racin mine im going for looks.

well thats my opinion anyways

cheers
Germini
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Balls vs Looks Reply with quote

Although owning a rusted POS with a 11 second engine/driveline that eats up HSV's and hi tech jap stuff, I'm a man of style and I'd rather look good then go fast. But if i cant smoke the tyres, then I'll take to tyre frying rusted POS.

The Germs Are Coming
TGemi1
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Balls vs Looks Reply with quote

all looks

chris...
SAM 180
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Balls vs Looks Reply with quote

My gem is all looks at the momeny so ill just settle for that, but i think that poeple see a hot car before there hear it so yeah, i made my statement...
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Balls vs Looks Reply with quote

looks all the way!!! like chicks as well ie. if they look awsome but dont perform u can still say u fucked a real looker!!

anyway its good pulling up at lights in an awsome car - u dont have to prove yourself, keep em guessing i say!!
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Balls vs Looks Reply with quote

hahah yeah, my mate has a 1968 cortina, went on a cruise and a cop pulled us over. "The reason i pulled you over was because i dig your car" and he said he used to have 2 cortina's and shit and was checkin out the car and like "this is awesome" and looking under the bonnet, and dudes from MCCR drove past and so they were all like "Man that cortina must be fuckin awesome!" haha suckers, its a stock 1500 engine. But it looks real nice, 5k paint job etc
BOB the chicken
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: Balls vs Looks Reply with quote

i would rather a nice paintjob, tint, stuff like that but with on stockish looking pursuities with fat tyres, and white lettering on them, lowered and all that, and having it really fast will suprise some of those hsv owners Very Happy
IDAREU2
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 2:12 am    Post subject: Re: Balls vs Looks Reply with quote

I just couldnt do it i got to have both.. looks tuff and goes hard..

my wifes looks tuff and is a stocker but it pisses me off when i drive it cause somthing that looks that good should go hard as well (and its all about to change for her)
PROJECT_MADGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Balls vs Looks Reply with quote

go for a nutter car anyday! i used to drive a really shabby looking torry that a fair number of rice burners and wogadoores couldnt catch, its a good feeling! rust is un safe though! but theres nothing better than a sleeper with all the trimmings- stocky hubs, venetian blinds and wheeltrims that eats rubber like a tire fire!.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Balls vs Looks Reply with quote

if i could go back and start my car agian,. i wish i left it stock looking. sleeper al the way. not a POS rust bucket. a nice tidy stock gemi with runing gear to kill.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: