HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

WTB 4ZD1 dizzy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
killagem
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 7:29 pm    Post subject: WTB 4ZD1 dizzy Reply with quote

i have bought a 4ZD1 motor cheap as it has no dizzy does anyone have a working one lying around that they would like to sell

i live in sydney

or if not direct me to a place the i could buy one from

thanks guys....
beasty
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:42 am    Post subject: Re: WTB 4ZD1 dizzy Reply with quote

Dont have one but you can use a dizzy from a holden shuttel. The shuttel is a big van with a 4zb1
DrIFtA
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:39 am    Post subject: Re: WTB 4ZD1 dizzy Reply with quote

There's a little rumour floating around that the Shuttle dizzy is the prefered choice wit a 4ZD1 instal into a Gem. Apparently the original one has firewall clearance problems with hitting the lip in the engine bay. The rumour is that the Shuttle item helps clear it so you dont need to ding your firewall in to help the motor fit.
Try using the search feature to get the dealio with it, it was a while back that the subject was brought up.
Did you get the motor from a 4X4 wreckers or somewhere else ? I'm looking to drop one of those in when the funds are sufficient.
81kw & 184nm @ 8.0:1, with a little clean up on the ports, a reasonable size cam, suitable Weber, extractors and exhaust it should haul arse and almost tow a house. I'm going to research fitting the 4ZE1 crank and rods as well for even more torque and horsepower, i've read that the block on the E1 has a slightly taller deck height, so it could be an interesting build.
Do you have any interesting info on the motor you could share with me or the rest of us ?
killagem
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: WTB 4ZD1 dizzy Reply with quote

i bought it for $500 with flywheel and clutch kit but minus starter, alternator and dizzy, i read in the forum that you can use a gemini alternator and someone answered my question that i can use a gemini starter motor so now the hunt is on for the dizzy.

i was originally going to put a 2.6l efi motor out of the later rodeo's but i was reading a book on all car specs and found that it only had 88kw.... i got quoted $2000-$2500 for the motor but no one had one in stock as yet so i just decided to save heaps and go for the 2.3l.

after getting the motor home i found that its pretty much the same layout only dizzy at the back. im stripping it down and going to clean it up n replace seals etc but it should be pretty easy install with the info i collected and not having to worry about hooking up an efi setup.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: